The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > You’ve been tagged > Comments

You’ve been tagged : Comments

By Chris Abood, published 16/2/2009

With Radio-Frequency Identification a thief with a scanner could get an inventory of household items, then hit the best houses.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
"With Radio-Frequency Identification a thief with a scanner could get an inventory of household items, then hit the best houses." All the better for our household, then, in fact they'll probably ignore the whole street.
Posted by Faustino, Monday, 16 February 2009 11:56:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The problem with accumulating wealth is worrying how to keep it all. I dont have a lot of things worth a lot of money, and I leave my front door open, and I live a contented life.
Posted by Sofisu, Monday, 16 February 2009 1:59:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
why is it always said that with this type of checkingout and paying for items there will be no 'lining up' or queue-ing? won't we all be lined up or queued waiting to checkout our items (selfservice yet again)? the line-up process will occur whether we have a checkout person to scan our items or we do it ourselves, surely ... jas
Posted by jocelynne, Monday, 16 February 2009 3:16:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No Jocylynne, you just wheel your trolley through the exit.
You probably would have to have a card that recognises you and
knows your credit card number etc.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 16 February 2009 3:41:20 PM
Good for you Sofisu. Affluenza is the root of most of todays social and economic problems. The grass is definatly not greener.

Im not rich and I dont want to be. Every rich person I have known was scared and fearful and hateful in case some poor person ripped them off. A lot of them were also mean and spiteful as to become rich they had to make others poor. Not a nice way to live.
Posted by mikk, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 2:07:05 PM
Forget about tagging jeans and everyday items, it's people that should worry about being tagged.

This would be the true end of individual freedom.

Under the guise of "never being lost again" or being identified for innocuous medical purposes, you'll also have all your movements tracked plus those you may associate with. Walk by a crowd demonstrating against the government and you may end up in trouble.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 3:20:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy