The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How to spend my pensioner bonus? > Comments

How to spend my pensioner bonus? : Comments

By Kevin Luxford, published 24/12/2008

Kevin Rudd wants me to spend my bonus. But this gives me a problem. What am I to spend it on?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
My dear Kevin,you are observably not an old age pensioner, maybe a self fundered retiree of high order in which case you would not have received this windfall which gave me peace of mind in reducing debt amassed over the last year as inflation far outstripped any meagre pension increase, shame on your negative far right wing attude.
Posted by JMCC, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 10:23:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All this agonising over what to spend it on. The answer is obvious.
Hookers and booze, at least then the money stays here.

Seriously I think it is rdiculous waste of money and from a carefully martialled budget surplus at that.
Posted by bigmal, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 10:33:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well BIGMAL what a nasty bit of work you are or is your attude to do with the fact you did not get the bonus, poor people do not on the whole wast money, unlike you they can not afford to
Posted by JMCC, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 10:46:23 AM
I am with bigmal.

I thought of the morally righteous cause initially, until I saw that response and

I agree.

Hookers and booze and maybe a toy boy for the lady in my life (thats equality for ya)....

Now, Thelma and Louise.... get down to your thongs and lets party....

If that outrages all the prissy and political-correctly motivated bleeding hearts and do-gooders....

I will consider it a bonus...
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 11:32:42 AM
Oh, how very troll Sir Colin.
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 11:35:53 AM
Not much respect for the old in modern Australia and we are the poorer for it. I am beginning to believe the words of my GP who said that if euthanasia was legalised there would be many who would bully old people into it.

Pensioners who provide their own housing would be spending the lousy $1400 on insurance and rates, wouldn't they? Even though councils have had an enormous rates windfall from inflated land values, many already have their hand out again for rates increases above that. Then there are the other 'user pays' of government they have to pony up for themselves or do without. Government gives with one hand but takes it all back and more with the other.
Posted by Cornflower, Wednesday, 24 December 2008 2:46:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy