The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The story of Kuntoro Mangkusubroto - working as the hands of God > Comments

The story of Kuntoro Mangkusubroto - working as the hands of God : Comments

By Duncan Graham, published 24/12/2008

Four years ago this Boxing Day a massive undersea earthquake off Aceh triggered a tsunami. It was a scene from Armageddon.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
runner: << You are a fine example of how the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is so merciful. >>

While I feel gratified that runner's God apparently allows me to live while exterminating 170,000 Acehnese, I'm still a little confused about which God he's talking about. Is it the exclusively Christian God, or is it the Abrahamic God shared by Muslims, Jews and Christians - i.e. the God of whom Kuntoro Mangkusubroto believes he is working as his hands?

If it's the former, why does runner simultaneously think that a Muslim is doing His work, while spouting typically Islamophobic rubbish about bombs in letterboxes? If it's the latter, what's runner's problem with Islam? I mean, it's the same God isn't it?

Verily, runner's Lord works in mysterious ways.

Well said Jon J - I doubt that runner will ever answer your perfectly reasonable question. It's obviously just too hard for his tiny worldview.

Have a great holiday!
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 28 December 2008 9:48:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy