The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The story of Kuntoro Mangkusubroto - working as the hands of God > Comments

The story of Kuntoro Mangkusubroto - working as the hands of God : Comments

By Duncan Graham, published 24/12/2008

Four years ago this Boxing Day a massive undersea earthquake off Aceh triggered a tsunami. It was a scene from Armageddon.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Hi Runner,

Don't you ever feel somewhat abandoned? I mean, here you are struggling to promulgate God's word against abortion and gays and us corrupt atheists, and there's God, who could fix it all in a heartbeat, sitting back on his throne and not doing a damn thing. There are so many things that could make us all believe in God. Letters thirty miles high across the face of the moon saying 'I EXIST'. No more cancer. An end to unwanted pregnancies. If I won the lottery five times in a row that would be pretty good evidence for me at least. None of this should be any problem for a God who could whip up a universe in six days. But it doesn't happen. Why?

The only logical conclusion seems to be that if God does exist, he really doesn't care whether any of us believe in him or not. He doesn't seem to care whether abortions happen, or people have homosexual relationships, either.

So if God doesn't care, why do you? Why do you believe that God wants you to go on railing against these things when he himself apparently doesn't give a hoot? Once again: what evidence do you have?
Posted by Jon J, Saturday, 27 December 2008 8:12:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
people have miss-concieved that which god'does'[trying to'measure'an infinite good and loving[living grace]by the mortal'measures'of man[thinking'themselves'created in'his'image]

if you think god does anything but love us all;enough[to give even the least of us[abortuinsts[vivasectionists[the worlds busche's and idi-amins/hitlers should of itself reveal;whatever-else god is he isnt judging us]

see god as an enormous affectionate'puppy'loving the'lif' that temporilly animates this flesh[whilst in this'meat'or in'our'spirit body[our evolving soul]animated by his living spirit

try to see things as god does,recall satan was cast out of heaven[and sewn into the_skin of a'serphant']like adam/eve were'sewn'into the skins of'man'[like a king in the old test-i-meant]that for 7 years was incarnated[imprisoned]in the'flesh'of a beast of the field

see that it is our spirits that evolve[that are evolving]

who is to prove god does'evil'is only proving how much further they have to stumble through their spiritual evolution

jesus said[see that ye see me do;YOU WILL DO GREATER[greater than god?]jesus was man[born of woman;he died yet lived[was born again in spirit]this is his greatest teaching[proving'life'hereafter[or'life'AFTER'death']

death where is thy sting?who is to say dying is bad?[yes murder is wrong]and killing 60 million children scince the 70's[in usa alone]is murder
[but how many'deaths from just the living seeds crushed to death to make your soy latta[or your morning'cornflakes'or cup of'coffee'

god sustains all of us/our'lifes'gifts[think of the mass-murder an ejeculation emits[we live only because we murder other'life'to survive]but that we did to the least we did to god

we just dont get what god is is'all'living;all loving[god reveals himself only in life]either in this temporal life-experience as well as in the after-life

[we'can believe as'we'chose[god not only allows'freewill',but allows us to'repent'the vile we allowed to be done'in our names'

[but to get grace we need to give grace to others,[when we'cant'we get born again into'skins]

as god knows which'fetus'will get aborted,even abortion can be seen as an act of grace[but never excused]

either we learn here that ALL LIFE is scared[because of he who gave it]or in our next incarnation[we'earn'according to our'animal'nature[more of the same[according to our own nature]WILL BE GIVEN]till we get that[we cannot achieve any'higher'incarnation
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 27 December 2008 10:24:50 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ Morgan

Stick to issues you know at least a little about. You write

'Don't you mean Allah, runner?'
Find any committed Muslim and ask them if Allah is the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ and you are likely to find a bomb in your letter box. You fundie humanist have more in common with Islam than Christianity does. It is just your dogmas that hide that fact.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 27 December 2008 7:01:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner - perhaps you should read the article before spouting your interminable and hateful fundy drivel.

In the article, when Kuntoro Mangkusubroto says

<< Twice I felt like giving up. I’m not too religious, but I believe. Yes. I trusted that we were sent by God to do this job. We are the extension of the hands of God and it is our duty >>

he is talking about the Islamic God, since he is a Muslim.

It is you who introduced the irrelevant "son of God" myth into his perspective. Dr Mangkusubroto believes he was doing the work of his God - your "Lord Jesus Christ" has nothing to do with it.

Watch your own letterbox, you godbothering goose.

I don't suppose you want to address Jon J's point about why God (at least the Abrahamic one) seems to be a wantonly cruel and nasty deity, if we assume for argument's sake that S/He/It exists?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 27 December 2008 7:59:58 PM
CJ Morgan

I don't suppose you want to address Jon J's point about why God (at least the Abrahamic one) seems to be a wantonly cruel and nasty deity, if we assume for argument's sake that S/He/It exists?

You are a fine example of how the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is so merciful. To think He has allowed you many years to repent of your arrogance and self righteousness is astounding. Your ignorant or deliberate depiction of God is typical of those who are blinded by their own importance
Posted by runner, Saturday, 27 December 2008 11:39:53 PM
Hi CJ,

Unfortunately Runner belongs to the grand old tradition of this culture (and this website) which decrees that while someone writing about science, politics or finance is required to provide evidence and make sense, anyone writing from the perspective of a religious believer can get away with nothing more than bald assertions and meaningless incoherence.

Thus we have Peter Selleck's latest jelly-worded article about the Virgin Mary; while a few weeks back he felt entitled to lecture us from a position of total ignorance about why only Christians could be great artists. About this time last year, Cardinal Pell assured us that God was not responsible for all evil; unlike a politician or a banker, however, he escaped any public scrutiny comparing that statement with his earlier assertions. We EXPECT Christians to talk rubbish, and when they do we usually take it for granted. I think it's time to make them put up or shut up.

It's not just that they have irrational beliefs -- we all have those. For instance, I believe my children are the smartest and best-looking children in the world. But I don't assert it in a public forum, and if I did I should be prepared to be challenged. Runner's vituperative reaction to a simple request for evidence just shows that believers have been getting away with talking gibberish in public for too long.

Anyway, I'm off on holiday soon. No doubt Runner and the others will still be fulminating when I get back.
Posted by Jon J, Sunday, 28 December 2008 8:41:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy