The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Debates about primacy of conscience show the need for truth and freedom > Comments

Debates about primacy of conscience show the need for truth and freedom : Comments

By Andrew Hamilton, published 30/10/2003

Andrew Hamilton argues that the primacy of conscience is not held the same by everyone

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I just found this website as I was googling "primacy of conscience." I am not aware that this term has been used and defined in magisterial Catholic documents, although many writers imply that it has, e.g. when they refer to "the Catholic doctrine of the primacy of conscience."

Can anybody cite the document(s) where such a definition could be found?

By the way, I had always been taught that "Conscience is a student, not a teacher." This would emphasize the intellectual duty to acquire moral knowledge, which is logically is prior to a duty to act on such knowledge.

May I share my e-mail address in hopes of getting a response?

Julianne Wiley
jlw509@earthlink.net
Posted by Julianne Wiley, Sunday, 17 June 2007 9:26:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy