The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Censors and sensibility > Comments

Censors and sensibility : Comments

By Julian Bodenmann, published 27/11/2008

Australia’s censorship regulations are claimed, by some independent international bodies, to be 'amongst the most restrictive in the Western world'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I have never heard of this author and, unusually, he hasn't provide a bio. I wouldn't have thought that Graham would have allowed this.

No matter what we think of Australia's censorship (in general, I am opposed to any censorship)I will not read his article because I don't know anything about him. He certainly has an axe to grind, and we don't know why; we don't know his interest in the matter or what he has to gain by writing on the subject.
Posted by Mr. Right, Thursday, 27 November 2008 11:55:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I feel terrible sorry for Julian that there is not enough perversion for him to access here in Australia. It just goes to show you that perversion does not satisfy. It just leads to the cry for more and more of it. Don't worry about the abused kids though. Just continue to scream about your right to view more filth.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 27 November 2008 1:39:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mea culpa. I forgot to add his bio after I had completed uploading the article. He is a young man with a bright future I think.
Susan Prior - ed
Posted by SusanP, Thursday, 27 November 2008 1:49:57 PM
Has some one put a gun at your head Runner and made you go and see all this filth and perversion,as usual the people who cant or wont look after what their kids see,little old ladies who have trouble seeing the letters MA,R ect, and the local Christian nutters who stick their noses into every body's business but there own.
Not forgetting the radio jocks,as far as I am concerned what I see and read or do on the net in my own home, and what films I see and books I read are no body,s business but mine,if you don,t like it go live in the Vatican
Posted by j5o6hn, Thursday, 27 November 2008 1:57:45 PM
j5o6hn you ask

'Has some one put a gun at your head Runner and made you go and see all this filth and perversion,'

Then again the multitudes of young kids who have been sexually abused after perverts feast on this stuff did not have a gun held to their head either. Why should you worry. You have convinced yourself that you can indulge in this garbage without affecting the rest of society. Its a pity many black and white kids know you are in denial. There are also thousands of women who are smart enough to know that images of themselves as pure sex objects is not particularly edifying
Posted by runner, Thursday, 27 November 2008 2:54:58 PM
The rule of unintended consequences.

Sure, censorship is bad. However, lets say we unban movie X, which features the abduction and graphical rape of a minor. Borderline Y watches movie X and gets a little excited. Borderline Y takes inspiration and replicates the movie.

I am sure you would not want to be the one to explain to victim child Z why all censorship is bad afterwards.
Posted by Jai, Thursday, 27 November 2008 3:58:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy