The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Days of Whine and Poses - the cultural left > Comments

Days of Whine and Poses - the cultural left : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 7/11/2008

The 'Days of Whine and Poses' are coming to an end, bringing with it the long, low whine of the babyboomer Cultural Left.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Complaining about the complainers in the Cultural Left because they complain too much? The irony is priceless.

Oh, and if you're going to quote so extensively from David McKnight, it would be best if you could spell his name right.
Posted by Johnj, Friday, 7 November 2008 10:50:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A vicious attack, seemingly on older people who wear black turtle neck jumpers.

King has my vote. I used to teach in a high school and I was astounded at the level of cultural mumbo jumbo that was trotted out as knowledge by the teachers.

I think the cultural left's position is a kind of default 'I'm against everything' position for those who don't want to think too hard. Not so sure about having a sling at the old boomers. We're becoming a punching bag for these young ferrets!
Posted by Cheryl, Friday, 7 November 2008 11:04:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yep, for an article about whining, it is incredibly whiny.
Posted by bushbasher, Friday, 7 November 2008 11:34:46 AM
Johnj,
Thanks for pointing out the error with David McKnight's name. It has been corrected and I have popped in a link to his website.
Susan Prior - ed
Posted by SusanP, Friday, 7 November 2008 11:40:53 AM
How dare you others put this wonderful author down. He scores 10 out of 10 with me. For generalising and writing about non existent groups. God knows what's in his head, it's terrifying to ponder.

Otherwise I still give him 10 out of 10 for the best virtual manure pile I've seen in a long while.
Posted by pegasus, Friday, 7 November 2008 1:11:05 PM
I know this is On Line Opinion, but an opinion that runs over three pages usually benefits from some facts and evidence. Were there any here? I must have blinked and missed them.

But let me put forth my equally unsupported opinion: I bet this was written before the Obama victory.
Posted by Jon J, Friday, 7 November 2008 1:34:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy