The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The campaign media buddies > Comments

The campaign media buddies : Comments

By Walt Brasch, published 31/10/2008

It’s just a couple of days before the presidential election, and I’m worried about what happens afterwards. I’m worried about the media.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
And I thought this was supposed to be satire? It all sounds a bit real to me.

Besides what’s wrong with Schmidthouse Jones? Those charges were never proven besides which a 4year old gerbil must be (in gerbil years) above the age of consent not to mention how did they know that the gerbil wasn’t consenting?

But enough of such lies and distortions. Let’s get down to real L&D of this article. Both candidate claim they’re against torture and human right’s breaches…bugger Gitmo what the poor reporters on those busses? I ask you it is cruel and inhuman treatment especially when most of us can’t even stand the political ads.

We give medals to soldiers who have to endure being under fire don’t we? And we honour torture victims like.... what’s his name? You’d think with his experience he’d think up a better way of torturing the simpleminded oops I mean mentally challenged.

Give them ribbons I say. Purple and yellow polka dotted ones sounds right. Purple for their prose in reporting (or as I call it sharing their discomfort) with the unsuspecting and innocent public.

And yellow spots to show that some people want them home…not their families perhaps but everyone else looking for relief from the drip drip torture of daily reports on that which most of us would like to forget….the shame of calling this democracy.

Now which senile Greek invented this and where’s he buried? I feel a result of the beer coming on.
Posted by examinator, Friday, 31 October 2008 10:09:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Satirising the media would be little different from satirising politicians I reckon. I mean, what could possibly surprise you? You could make stuff up – just like the media does – and present it as truth and we’d be no wiser.

The only way we learned about Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman was through an independent journo plugging away at the facts. It took years, and no thanks to the MSM.

Much of the media is purely self-promotional guff served as entertainment. Not much investigative journalism goes on anymore, as exemplified by the way the major news outlets screened segments sent to them from government media offices without editing or fact-checking. Lazy, lazy stuff.

It’s high time they started earning their keep and doing a little work. Once the election is over they’ll have no free lunches. Let ‘em swing
Posted by bennie, Saturday, 1 November 2008 9:01:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ZZZZZZZZZZ, ZZZZZZZZZ, ZZZZZZZZ;

Wake up dear, do you want a cup of tea ?

Hmm humph ummm Is it over yet ?
Np dear everyone is asleep !
Only the reporters are awake.

I will take my ear plugs out and get us some supper.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 3 November 2008 2:04:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy