The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Understanding your work colleagues - Part 1 > Comments

Understanding your work colleagues - Part 1 : Comments

By George Fripley, published 21/10/2008

When a public servant begins work, they will, like in any other job, come across numerous types of people.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Author appears to be a senior Public Servant, apparently putting down his subordinates.

Almost funny, but not quite.

Generally superficial.

"Part 1" There is more?

If there is more then some deeper understanding may help. Politicians usually do not want the Public Service to be too efficient. Public Servants in Canberra owe more to politicians (who hold the whip) than the public.

Author's observations equally fit private industry and in the same superficial way.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 21 October 2008 11:50:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Love your article! I have worked for Government Health Departments for 34 years and but for my unfailing sense of humour I could easily have become the bitter one! But it's all way too funny to become bitter about!

I've had some major 'run ins' with 'the administrator' type over the years they never let a 'good outcome' get in the way of a 'good policy'. This is especially true 'out bush' where the rules for suburbia are still upheld with a passion by that species!

Hope you cover 'my type' in you next episode! Can't wait! It will probably be something like 'the brainless clown' no doubt!
Posted by Helen54, Tuesday, 21 October 2008 1:10:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy