The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Russian challenge – part II > Comments

The Russian challenge – part II : Comments

By Joergen Oerstroem Moeller, published 16/10/2008

Nationalism and military prowess are not the best tools for prospering in the 21st century.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Yet another rightwing propaganda product of yaleglobal. If I were suspicious I would suspect that the US State Department, Defence Department or less public US Agencies feed articles to yaleglobal.

The tone of yaleglobal articles on OLO to date read like those of under-employed CIA Sovietologists who, excited by the Georgian War, hope to return to the good old Cold War days.

This current article is very much an anti-Russian perspective in denial of America's much more warlike recent performance.

Yes Russia did counter-attack against Georgian forces that first attacked Russian citizens in South Ossetia. Russia did indeed beat Georgia up. Looking at a parallel I wonder what the US would have done if Cuban forces attacked the part of Cuba (Guantanamo Bay) that the US holds by force in perpetuity.

The US policy of using the hitherto defensive NATO alliance as a mechanism to steadily creep forward into Russia's sphere of influence is another destabilising manifestation of the Bush Doctrine that American rightwingers live by - and too many people die by.

The Russians like all powers do evil deeds but America has probably done worse during the Bush years. If the US can put its house in order, under Obama, it can again start preaching plausibly.

Pete
http://spyingbadthings.blogspot.com/
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 16 October 2008 1:21:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy