The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's hidden Empire > Comments

Australia's hidden Empire : Comments

By John Pilger, published 3/10/2008

Australia's hidden Empire is a 'sphere of influence' that stretches from the Aboriginal slums of Sydney to East Timor and Afghanistan.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
"In the Northern Territory’s great expanse known as Utopia, people live without sanitation, running water, rubbish collection, decent housing and decent health."

John, at Book Book a mere 40kms from Wagga Wagga, we receive none of these services either.
Posted by simon bedak, Friday, 3 October 2008 10:31:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One spleen, vented.

Anything else you'd like to get off your chest about this vile nation? Like Germaine Greer, you only appear to see Australia in one light and like her, are at your best when criticising.

Thanks so much, we do enjoy people dropping in and telling us what we do wrong, any suggestions by the way on solving these problems, undoing the many wrongs, any creative thoughts on helping us out of our clearly dismal state?

I'm sure you feel better now, please feel free to visit again anytime and pour scorn on us.
Posted by rpg, Friday, 3 October 2008 11:17:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not a hint of strategic or policy analysis. No recognition of the key role played by Australian indigenous leaders. No assessment of progress. Just the usual tirade.

"Wolf!" "Wolf!" - you can hardly blame us if we're not listening any more, John.
Posted by Senior Victorian, Friday, 3 October 2008 12:03:18 PM
*sigh*

John actually makes a couple of good points here, but the sneering tone of the piece renders it completely unconvincing.

Plus, those preposterous comments about Australia's Empire are just over the top.

It's articles like these that justify the assertion that the left are a bunch of intellectual snobs who hate Australia.
Posted by Rhys Probert, Friday, 3 October 2008 12:35:02 PM
This bloke knows he has a ready market, amoung the bleeding hearts, for this kind of cr4p. You wouldn't use him in your compost bin, would you? He'd turn the entire contents rancid.

With what's wrong with him, I think the only cure would be large, daily doses of epsom salts. Even then, it might take a month to clear so much of it.

Simon, I live only 53 Kms from the Brisbane CBD, The only one we get is rubbish collection. That's because they decided to close our tip, & a few of us believe, they needed even more rubbish to fill the council seats.

There are 850 houses in my area, & like me, the only thing they got, for their $1500 rates last year, was 3 hours of mobile library, 48 times.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 3 October 2008 12:44:54 PM
Pilger would be the miser who squeezes the last drop of political juice from a very squashed lemon.

His outlandish suggestion that the anonymous federal government employee seems to be some kind of grand conspiracy (implied) is ludicrous.

http://www.nit.com.au/News/story.aspx?id=7733

The lateline timeline is quite helpful in showing how mean spirited Pilger is, and the whole piece again underlines his total lack of viable alternative.

He just wants to daMMMMMage.

I've NEVER read anything from Pilger which is positive. NEVER have I read "and here is how I'll fix it" nope.. just same old same old THEY ARE ALLLL IN IT and destroying, killing, planning, etc.. can't even be bothered saying any more..

Pilger is irrelevant.
Posted by Polycarp, Friday, 3 October 2008 2:38:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy