The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Critical of girl power? > Comments

Critical of girl power? : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 16/9/2008

Ruby Hamad's Orwellian myths: she presented some silly arguments to my article on Sarah Palin.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
This was a necessary response to such a silly, emotional piece. Well written, thanks for following up on it, it's pity you had to.

The piece by Hamad should never have been an article anyway, it was a reactive and deliberatively adversarial comment.

I'd like see an original piece by Hamad, it's all too easy to just comment as she has done and as we do here, without having to be original or very creative.
Posted by rpg, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 10:08:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AUSTRALIA NEEDS THIS WOMAN

Well as a believer in God, Guns and Guts making America great I believe that Sarah Palin deserves to be more powerful than any Australian. She is our natural leader.

Doubtors call her Caribou Barbie. This however underrates an educated person who can smile for the camera in front of an animal (still warm) she shot.

We are not talking about a beer swilling, shotgun misfiring Cheney here. We’re talking about a new improved VP to be, who can shoot straight and kill a magnificent animal with one 50 cent bullet.

She answers the well-known needs of that surprising beast, the American voting population

She has beauty.

She also has brains.

She is bountiful and pro-life.

She likes to shoot and kill and hence is pro-death.

Pro-life, pro-death - kinda balances out doesn't it?

Most important she is a card carrying Believer in God. But clearly of the Pro-death type? Well maybe of the Smite Thine Russian Enemies and Animals type.

The world was ready to breathe a sigh of relief at the prospect of George W. Bush's exit. But wait, there is the American voter to be reckoned with (the minority that votes that is) and the winner IS Palin.

Not to forget the President to be - an old unpredictable man (third generation US Navy to boot). Both itching to reignite the Cold War for America's God Given Glory.

Watchout Australia we'll be fighting for that beacon of NATO democracy, Georgia, next.

Maybe with deer rifles.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 11:25:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ruby only does silly.
Posted by Mr. Right, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 12:30:59 PM
Mr. Right, your interesting comments include
"Watchout Australia we'll be fighting for that beacon of NATO democracy, Georgia, next." If the "Palin/McCain" ticket (not McCain/Palin) should happen to win, that could very well be but one of the horrible results. Australia needs this woman? I and at least 50 % of Americans wish we could hand Sarah Palin over to you.
Posted by Joe in the U.S., Tuesday, 16 September 2008 3:27:43 PM
Correction, my recent post should have been directed to Pete,
posted by plantagenet and not to Mr. Right. My apologies!
Posted by Joe in the U.S., Tuesday, 16 September 2008 3:31:55 PM
I'm sure you all realise that feminism is responsible for this type of situation and 'article'. Australian political discourse is too infected with it at the moment and have successfully infiltrated many NGOs and organisations. The argument goes like this: Everything is sexist unless it's a woman saying/doing it or benefitting. Together with religion, feminism (which can best be described as a religion), is affecting the liberty and freedom of many Australians. men and women alike.
Posted by Steel, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 3:34:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy