The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Well blow me! > Comments

Well blow me! : Comments

By Elisabeth Lopez, published 12/9/2008

A common cold in Melbourne: it’s a time of year when we have more viruses than friends.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Elisabeth:

I must have the Peter Beattie version of the dreaded "gunge" (the effects never seem to go away and continue causing distress long after first contact!)

I am currently in my seventh week of hacking and wheezing ( after two different lots of Antibiotics!)

I am now drinking cough mixtures like cocktails ( anything to try to get some relief) and have had three brand changes!

Let me tell you how I succumbed to "the plague" ...I usually ring my local Medical Centre a couple of weeks prior, to make an appointment to be positioned "first cab off the rank" and accept whatever day is most suitable to them! ( bearing in mind of course that the visit is simply to renew prescriptions!)

I arrive at "the valley of the shadow of death" 20 minutes early at 8.40 am ( Doctor starts at 9 am after his hospital rounds ) ....after checking in and taking a seat ( amongst the many "dead and dying ) who early as it is, number around nine souls, coughing sneezing and hacking their way to an early grave. I sit and wait until seven have been "doctored" and finally get in to see the man who writes the scripts!....By this time I have obviously been contaminated and a couple of days later commence "the death watch!"

I complain to the medico about the procedure,...to no avail!..(another lesson learnt!)

I have a balanced diet, consume plenty of Vitamin C, and prior to venturing into the public arena, smear Vicks up each nostril and around the mouth,....theoretically to keep all those "nasties" at bay!

Go to the Doctor feeling well, but needing a script renewal, and come away carrying a monster!

I now worry if the Bird Flu gets here?

I an NOT HAPPY JAN!
Posted by Cuphandle, Friday, 12 September 2008 5:28:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arnold Ehret in his time was the greatest of the health Gurus.

Arnold was the first and perhaps only health adviser - to explain what really causes colds and flu.

What gives us colds and flu - also gives us Candida, a fungus which over time spreads through the body. The best example of Candida is a white coated tongue.

If you consume a lot of white flour products ( breads cakes, pastas, pizzas etc) plus MILK and commercial foods from supermarkets which have a lot of salt in them as preservative, then you are likely to get colds and flu.
If you live mainly on fruit and vegetables, you will rarely have colds and flu.
People who think they are on a balanced diet often eat white flour based foods. These ' foods ' produce mucous which clings to our throat, chest and nasal passages and every now and then the body increases its temperature by one or two degrees and you have a mild fever which suddenly has you reaching for paper tissues to collect all the accumulated mucous that your body is trying to get rid of.
Some people have more mucous in their bodies than others, some people are more sensitive to accumulated mucous.

So now you know something about our bodies that 99.9 percent of medical practitioners do not know. You now know why we get colds and flu.

To avoid colds - you have to change your diet quite a lot.
It is wise to not eat much during a cold - learn to fast for a day or two.

To shorten a cold - you can spend time in a sauna each day.
The hot air in the Sauna dries up a lot of the liquid mucous in your throat etc . The heat of the sauna kills any ' germs ' so your cold won't effect anyone else.

Once you learn what causes colds and flu, you are close to discovering what causes cancer .See this link

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/398.html

www.jimbernard.org
Posted by poetic, Monday, 15 September 2008 10:43:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Elizabeth,
weren't you blown away by my amazing contribution
Posted by poetic, Tuesday, 16 September 2008 12:11:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy