The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The sad demise of ‘On Line Opinion’ > Comments

The sad demise of ‘On Line Opinion’ : Comments

By Clive Hamilton, published 2/7/2008

'On Line Opinion' has been 'captured' by climate change denialists.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. 28
  10. All
Everyone is being mean to me, so I won't play any more.

Grow up.

Trying to apply journalistic ethics to a public forum is naive especially in an area where the science is untested and the results are still largely conjecture (by which I mean that climate models still diverge greatly depending on how factors are applied, as per a recent New Scientist article on the issue.)

I have seen wild claims on both sides from denialists to doomsday prophecies.

If only balanced, ethical, and clearly reasoned submissions were accepted this would be very empty and not an opinion forum.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 2 July 2008 9:08:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah Yeah, of course OLO would be perfectly balanced if it only allowed articles representative of and agreeing with the unbalanced climate change fearmongering opinions of Clive Hamilton.

oops This comment shouldn't be published either because ...
Posted by keith, Wednesday, 2 July 2008 9:21:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Clive Hamilton,

I don't have any expertise in the subject, however I am rather sceptical about the "sceptics" since most of them are not even scientists but economists, engineers etc, where are all the scientists with the relevant qualifications who dispute the global warming hypothesis? I'm not sure what "captured" means in this context, certainly the editor seems to be casting a rather wide net in order to find dissenting opinions.
Posted by mac, Wednesday, 2 July 2008 9:24:19 AM
What an interesting dummy spit.Because On Line Opinion dares to publish both sides of a discussion.. Well then ,I take my Bat and Ball and toddle off....

Does this mean then , that the discussion on here will now become one sided

The Dark Side has won , Clive..!
Posted by Aspley, Wednesday, 2 July 2008 9:51:55 AM
Oh please!

Diddums is upset that we wont all agree with him?

Wow whilst you are at googling try finding out the horrors that occurred because of the 2000 bug holacaust! that was where we were all going to die as the clock ticked over. Nothing happened. It was sorted out by the computer people who were so smart they could not even understand the calendar.
Then what has happened to the hole in the ozone layer? The Italian scientist who "discoverd" this particular doomsday scenario said "Sorted" when an Australian scientist pointed out the fallacy of the whole "problem". The hole in the ozone is there, has always been there and will always be there and the same dopey gang believced that too!
Put that scintillating itellect of yours on your own quasi-religeous beliefs in climate change.
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 2 July 2008 9:53:37 AM
I hope you come to the truth one day Clive. You along with a host of other scientist have been hoodwinked. At least some who demand true science are starting to get a voice.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 2 July 2008 9:58:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. 28
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy