The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Petulance and pandemonium in Petra > Comments

Petulance and pandemonium in Petra : Comments

By David Singer, published 1/7/2008

An occasion for goodwill and mutual respect has been turned into a dummy spit by the Arabs' top diplomat and negotiator.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Look Hag

Here it is in black and white ... again... sigh

'...persons displaced during armed conflict must be transferred back to their homes as soon as hostilities in the area in question have ceased.'

Geneva Convention IV Right of return.

It screams in defiance of your mumbled weasel words.

Barak never offered anything. It is the subject of rumour. And you are indulging in that too.

Is there nothing you can't try and twist.

In the good old Australian tradition I'm givng you a nick name.
'Hagweasel'
Posted by keith, Thursday, 10 July 2008 5:46:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah of course, the whole thing is a rumour - that is why the PLO stopped asking/demanding a Palestinian State, the withdrawal of troops, etc. immediately thereafter... That is not the reason for the incessant demands for the right of return...

Yup, its a conspiracy... It was 'them' that made it up simply to dupe poor unfortunates...

But I'll tell you what I think, it is people like you and the PLO who don't actually care what happens to the unfortunates who live in the West Bank/Gaza, but who want to continue the problem so as to enable them/you to continue to try and score points off Israel.

You are just like 'em, you don't want peace - you want Israel to disappear, at least admit it.

Let me repeat, the Palestinian's you are so concerned about, did not live in the State of Israel (even the '48 boundaries) when the State was recognised by arrafat (13/09/1993) they resode in the Palestinian areas (48 boundaries) and thus are entitled to citizenship of the Palestinian State ONLY. They have no ability to opt for citizenship of Israel if they are Arab. So sad, too bad. They are only likely to be awarded any compensation if they can PROVE that they were expelled by the IDF directly.

Show me where in UNRES 194, the UN expressly and explicitly overrode the specific provisions and restrictions enacted by it under UNRES 181. I doubt you can, in fact I'd be extremely interested in seeing if anybody can.
Posted by Haganah Bet, Friday, 11 July 2008 2:14:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh dear me, Hagweasel!

You really have sunk to new lows.

"You are just like 'em, you don't want peace - you want Israel to disappear, at least admit it."

Oh please ... I am on the public record stating I believe Israel should exist and be guaranteed security ... within the '67 borders.

But that's typical of you propagandists. Lie and lie and lie. Gobbels would be truely proud of you.

As for scoring points ... that's what your weasel words are all about. I'm straightforward and criticise Israeli actions because they are degrading, cause death and injury and do great harm to individuals ... who are not your disparaging "'em" but simply people.

You simply use weasel words to argue Israel's right to conquer, steal and illegally settle land and eject individuals who are different.

You also claim intelligence is evidenced by a few scribbles on a piece of paper ... a bit like saying God gave me title to this land because it says so in my book.

On top of that you cast aspersions, deal in rumour and tell outright lies.
Posted by keith, Friday, 11 July 2008 5:27:00 PM
OK, I deal in lies?

Where is the clever and well reasoned response that was called for?

Please, before trying to take the topic off to wherever you normally take it with your obfuscatory crap, please:

(1) Tell everyone, in specific detail, of where under (a) International Law; (b) UN Resolutions; and/or (c) the Geneva Conventions - Israel has acted illegally in 'stealing' land?

(2) What specific provision of ANY UN Resolution specifically addresses and eplicitly, expressly and intentionally overrides the provision of UN Resolution 181, which with remarkable exactitude, specifies EXACTLY who is entitled to Israeli citizenship (ie. not anyone who was residing in the West Bank/Gaza on 13 September 1993, they automatically received Palestinian citizenship on that date and as such are NO LONGER REFUGEES - they have nationality, they are also disentitled to Israeli citizenship by their (i) place of residence on that date; and (ii) their ethnicity, as per UN General Assembly Resolution 181, Part 1.C, Chapter 3(1)).

When you feel able to address these two points with researched argument, please feel free to respond, I will be quite happy to debate the issue with you. Until then, I really do not regard the argument as being worth the bandwidth.

PS I would also like to see a denial by any reputable source that the points I suggested above were offered to Arrafat at Oslo. You will not find it, although it will be merely not mentioned by the support crew for the PLO.

I hold basically no hope that you will even make an attempt to do somehting other than you have already done or merely repeat your same tired, old and rehashed crap arguments (that you read somewhere or heard somewhere, who knows). People without the ability to formulate their own arguments are impossible to argue with, they are loath to alter anything becuase they don't quite understand how it works to begin with.
Posted by Haganah Bet, Friday, 11 July 2008 7:27:29 PM
Here is a new word for you. With your piece of paper you'd probably not need to look it up in a dictionary or on the net. Eh?

Obdurate.

You to a T.
Posted by keith, Saturday, 12 July 2008 9:45:17 AM
Cannot do it, huh?

Here is a nickname for you, WOFTSAB (Waste Of Time, Space And Bandwidth).
Posted by Haganah Bet, Saturday, 12 July 2008 10:17:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy