The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Shifting debate on personal freedom spells trouble for Liberals > Comments

Shifting debate on personal freedom spells trouble for Liberals : Comments

By Richard Denniss, published 26/5/2008

Are markets better than government? Terrorism and climate change have forced governments to reconsider their role.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
The writer makes some ludicrious claims resembling farce, that there is an opposition between Labor and Liberal. But precisely where it is and what it is supposed to consist of - we are never told. It is enough for the writer to assert it! Unless it is reduced to nit picking. However, they do fight over who is getting the hands on the loot and the everyday incessant horse-trading of "whats in it for me" on every bill worth exploiting? But that is hardly what you could construe as an opposition! Even the decrepit mass media lacking any vitality from pedalling the "daily lies" have had to expose Rudd's "me tooism" politics on many occasions. The historical record is the Labor Party kick the ball off, they introduce the filth on behalf of the super rich and the Liberals then carry on with it after the Labor Party get kicked out of office by workers. The writer plays a part in the cruel hoax of parliament that has been historically perpetrated on masses of people by pretending there is an opposition, that someone is fighting the good fight: Whereas in reality people are voting for the oil/petrol cartels, financiers, bankers, big real estate swindlers, bosses who turn swindling and robbery into an art form and legal!
The politics of the Liberals and Labor Party to a man are "workers have no rights". Or "you voted for us and we are going to make you pay for electing us"!
Posted by johncee1945, Monday, 26 May 2008 6:29:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I tend to agree with the previous poster , both parties are serving the big buisness adgenda, and while supporting rudd it was only to help get rid of howard,

The truth be known i was stuffed over by goss and his betrayal of labour policy
[and still are having the feeling beaty and co were young nationals who took over the party then sacked tom burns and bill hayden] replacing them with neo con stooges.

Parties are an elect affair done by deals in dark rooms then obey the party line
all together a farce [like which hand will slap you next,

but all of them are run by party elites of one form or other [as a paid up member of the greens i wasnt even allowed into a greens party meeting i happened to stumble upon

As a founding and life member of the HEMP party , i have felt that stooges planted in the party specificlly to make sure that never happens , there is a 2 party beurocratic elite that controls all that goes on .

[i learned a lot,simply by being the only scruteneer at elections for any of the other [non labour liberal] parties it was very revealing, but for the two party scruteneers the vote can be twisted anyway it choses [or is paid ] to go by the civil servants coubnting the vote

Any election takes numbers [at least 4 people for 20 to 30 booths]these are needed to just hand out how to vote cards [then the media and the deal making [in many cases exchanging preferances for some poor quality photo-copying]

THe powers that be arnt intrested in serving the people [no money in it]
just vote and go away, pay your fine or go to jail
[civil rights ?your joking

[policy? [no its not a core promise]
the civil service choses it all to stay as it is ,
then gets a nice pension and a board seat.
Posted by one under god, Monday, 26 May 2008 8:52:04 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Our rapidly changing times, with the looming energy crunch and other major resource pressures on the increase, are giving the Libs the most enormous opportunity to present themselves as a highly appealing political force, and win the next election on merit, not an election in three or four terms time by default when the public become sick of Rudd.

What they need to do is base their whole structure upon sustainability, the most important component of which is the stabilisation of our population. That would set them right apart from the future-destroying rampantly pro-expansionist incumbents. It would resonate strongly with the general populace.

Improved policies on personal freedoms, as discussed by Richard Denniss, pale into insignificance in a society that is shaping up to be a much harsher and unfairer place in the very near future.

Formulating a gentle landing to the energy crunch, followed by the development of a genuine paradigm of sustainability are vastly more important than short-term social policy tweaking.

Given that Rudd has shown himself to be so strong antisustainability-oriented, an opposing political force is desperately needed. Will a new party arise or will the Libs adapt? They are the only two possibilities that I can envisage. If a new sustainability party forms, the Libs will disappear into oblivion.
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 27 May 2008 7:53:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy