The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Men and their mothers > Comments

Men and their mothers : Comments

By Peter West, published 9/5/2008

Understanding an intimate relationship: the adult man exists in a relationship with his mother that can’t be resolved.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
In future years this article may read “What relationship does a man have with his old day care center”.

Nearly ¼ of children have now been abducted from their fathers. So for many adults in the future, their reflection of their childhood will be a day care center and half a family.

What men will think of their mothers in the future remains largely unknown, and with the constant negative portrayal of males by feminists, what mothers will think of their sons in the future remains largely unknown also.
Posted by HRS, Friday, 9 May 2008 10:42:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting but pointless. A man will be what ever his fortitude and strengths that carry him. Some of the greatest men in history had no family at all. We are all dealt with the hand of circumstances and sometimes the perfect family is not always the best one.

Thats life.

EVO
Posted by evolution, Friday, 9 May 2008 11:01:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I found the authors essay to be quite superficial.

By contrast please check out these essays which point out that our childhood Oedipal Patterning in relation to both parents runs hell deep. And that the ONLY thing that we are ever doing is dramatising our unresolved mommy-daddy issues. And all of the time, moment to moment.

The necessary key to growing up for real is to outgrow these child-hood patternings. Until then we have the emotional maturity of a two year old.

Which is where most of us at at. Very few people in the history of humankind have ever truly grown up.

1. http://www.beezone.com/AdiDa/oedipalarticles.html.htm
Posted by Ho Hum, Friday, 9 May 2008 11:57:25 AM
Ho Hum
I don’t know of many men that want to have sex with their mother, or their father.

I think that is just another slur on men.
Posted by HRS, Friday, 9 May 2008 1:12:16 PM
"Some special moments for me recently were sharing with my grandson a blue-tongue lizard"

Interesting concept, did you cook it first?
Posted by onemack, Friday, 9 May 2008 2:09:54 PM
HRS. My post was to you. Thank you Mr west. My mother and I still have a very close relationship and my father as well, but I would prefer to exercise and promote independence rather than pull the strings of those who didnt have the luxury. This can be very detrimental.
I have also had friends like HRS explains, and many of them are doing better than me.

I think that it doesnt matter where you come from or what walk of life, just as long as you have the support and balance that we all have right too.

Its when no-one cares, that's where the problem begins.

I have seen life on the streets myself, and the out-comes of rejection was a reason a lot of them didnt survive. My reason for being where I was, was the big bid to leave home explore the world( plus an argument with my parents)( 24 years old ) and I saw it in full colour.

I have helped out in the kitchens of sydney to feed the homeless and have talked to hundreds of men and everyone has a different story.

But it was nice to go home. Iam sure my parents will past one-day and I will never forget the fun and love we shared, with the hard times and the goodness, that only a guardian can provide.

All the best. EVO
Posted by evolution, Friday, 9 May 2008 4:39:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy