The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How to win in Iraq without losing to Iran > Comments

How to win in Iraq without losing to Iran : Comments

By Dilip Hiro, published 22/4/2008

Due to the Bush administration's policy blunders, Iraq has now become an Iranian issue as well.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Dilip also features on TomDispatch which is also associated with Nation Books that publishes Dilip's books.

That having been said I quite like the latest TomDispatch titled 12 Reasons To Get Out Of Iraq.
By the way the yankee imperialists never-ever intended to leave.
Posted by Ho Hum, Tuesday, 22 April 2008 10:27:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HOhum,

I just love the way OLO provides the space for rigorous analysis and debate on complex issues like this one.

You must be thrilled to have the opportunity to post the pseudo intellectual equivalent of “HOHUM woz ere”

You say “ BTW the yankee imperialists never-ever intended to leave.” And that’s it. You don’t bother to provide any evidence for this patently false statement.

Why would you bother posting at all?

BTW I love the “never-ever” part, it’s a rhetorical touch that you would normally expect from fairy tales. I suppose that really is where your statement belongs. In a bunch of sad far-lefty fairy tales.
Posted by Paul.L, Tuesday, 22 April 2008 11:32:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep, Ho Hum, for it's already been recently said in the media, that America now has an imperative to stay in Iraq.

The earlier building of the near impregnable Green Zone was probably a start - also could still be the chance to have another go at Iran, which she's tried and lost both times.

But really reckon the main imperative's about both Iraqi and Iranian oil, the latter said to be the purest and best in the world.

Cheers - BB, WA
Posted by bushbred, Tuesday, 22 April 2008 11:37:17 AM
The author is very incomplete with his reasoning in this article: He tells us about the indisputable blunders of the Bush administration, but he does not say anything about the possible triumphs of the administration if it won the war in Iraq, as it seems to be happening, and the devastating negative effects such a victory would have upon the geopolitical ambitions on Iran and its ability to acquire nuclear weapons.

Further, such a victory would have positive effects upon the whole region, especially if Iraq could build a rudimentary democracy, and indeed, the rest of the world with an irreversible defeat of al Qaeda in Mesopotamia.

http://power-politics1.blogspot.com
Posted by Themistocles, Tuesday, 22 April 2008 4:57:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PaulL is you bother to check out my reference 12 Reasons Why at TomDispatch you will find all the evidence you need that supports my statement.

But even without the wisdom of hindsight wasnt that completely obvious all along. It was just more of the same imperial conquest, and associated wall to wall lies, as described in lenghty detail at: http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com

And since when have those on the "right" ever been interested in concrete realities? Or the really big picture REALITY altogether?

Ron Suskind in WITHOUT A DOUBT told us about the sheer fantasy-land that "informed" USA actions and "policy" re Iraq. His famous quote re a Bushite claiming that the old established historical realities dont apply to them because they are/were making history up as they went along, says it all.
Posted by Ho Hum, Tuesday, 22 April 2008 5:09:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy