The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pakistan a divided society > Comments

Pakistan a divided society : Comments

By Aslam Naru, published 15/4/2008

How can Pakistani politicians, who have not earned a single day’s bread in their lifetime, fathom and solve the real issues for ordinary Pakistanis?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Aslam

This is a good article. Thanks.

I think the idea of Pakistan as a divided nation needs further discussion. In my opinion the Pakistani ruling classes are laying the seeds for a working class uprising. When you look at Pakistan itself the working class is becoming a majority and their interests are not represented by giving an Oxford student the leadership of th nation.

A well argued article.
Posted by Passy, Tuesday, 15 April 2008 12:27:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was never impressed by Bhutto-the daughter that is. I am curious though, that given your comments about her actions in the 80's, you have held/hold a senior post in her Party, under her husband's leadership! He too has been scrutinized for some fairly questionable business/political behaviour.

I would like your opinion on the political aspirations of Imran Khan, who appears to stand for a more democratic process?

Your last paragraph confuses me;- is your reference to 'Mandela' a (dammit!!..what IS the word??)

And if it is (what I'm trying to recollect!),- I am curious about the negative opinion of Mandela? (I have reservations about Mandela too).

I should add that I am very familiar with Pakistan.
Posted by Ginx, Tuesday, 15 April 2008 5:16:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The root of the problem facing Pakistan is Islam. Pakistan was founded ( based on the ideal of Iqbal in 1930) on the Islamic mandate to build the kingdom of allah on earth by exterminating other religions and political systems through violence, intimidation and terrorism.

The following is taken by an European, Dr. Koenraad Elst http://koenraadelst.bharatvani.org/

‘That Muslims had persecuted and massacred Hindus, counted as the fulfilment of Allah's salvation plan to transform the whole world into a Dar-ul-Islam. As Mohammed Iqbal wrote: "All land belongs to the Muslims, because it belongs to their God."

‘The American historian Will Durant summed it up like this:"The Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex of order and freedom, culture and peace, can at any moment be overthrown by barbarians invading from without or multiplying within."

'Hindus suffered such attempted extermination in East Bengal in 1971, when the Pakistani Army killed 1 to 3 million people, with Hindus as their most wanted target. This fact is strictly ignored in most writing about Hindu-Muslim relations, in spite (or rather because) of its serious implication that even the lowest estimate of the Hindu death toll in 1971 makes Hindus by far the most numerous victims of Hindu-Muslim violence in the post-colonial period.'

Today, Pakistan is facing the karmic effects of the butchering of the Hindus and other non-Muslims.
Posted by Philip Tang, Saturday, 19 April 2008 9:45:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy