The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hypocrisy over carers > Comments

Hypocrisy over carers : Comments

By Peter Martin, published 13/3/2008

It is the Coalition which should be condemned for the way it treated carers, not the Rudd Government.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
What a great piece of spin.

The former Coalition government gave carers and others bonuses, the Rudd government leaks the proposed scrapping of them, and the former Coalition Government are the bad guys .... oh pleeeeeeeease.
Posted by keith, Thursday, 13 March 2008 11:28:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
THANK-YOU Peter Martin, as you can see the spinning of the spin that was spun by the spinners has already started!!
Posted by Ginx, Thursday, 13 March 2008 11:56:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peter Costello said that the bonuses were "in the past" on The 7.30 Report 23/10/2007. So there was nothing to scrap.

Keith you are surely not implying that Peter Costell would tell a fib?
Posted by ruawake, Thursday, 13 March 2008 12:16:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kevin Rudd still intends to cut social welfare by $1.8bn. He may juggle the figures to look as if he is the good guy and is not cutting the payments to carers but he will deny them choice and make darn sure that, while the money will still be technically available, the parameters will change and many people will ineligible. There are other programmes being cut back and still others being cut altogether. The ones which remain will be those that belong to the squeakiest wheels who can get the most media coverage and anything run by a Labor mate.
We need to be realistic here - Labor is cutting back on spending in areas where they feel they can get away with it in order to provide tax breaks to 'working families' who have over extended themselves. Nobody else counts in the Labor scheme of things. But, it is supposedly a democracy and not the one party state we voted in so it may change in the future - if working families are not too greedy. I am not holding my breath - just looking forward to the tax break.
Posted by Communicat, Thursday, 13 March 2008 1:30:31 PM
keith "The former Coalition government gave carers and others bonuses, the Rudd government leaks the proposed scrapping of them, and the former Coalition Government are the bad guys .... oh pleeeeeeeease."

Exactly Keith,

The me-too prime minister failing early on, unable to manage the economy he attacks carers and then this Peter MArtin takes three pages in a feeble and failed attempt to defend him.

The fact is the economic management of the previous federal government allowed carers and millions more to benefit directly in a way Krudd & Cos mismanagement will not support.
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 13 March 2008 1:34:07 PM
Peter, did I hear correctly when you mentioned on local ABC radio yesterday that your Dad sent his $500.00 to Maxine?. I thought that was wonderful, and what made me laugh was that I was passing your Dads place at the time,the timing was exact, and having known your Grand Dad and knowing your Dad it figures. Great people the Martins.
Posted by Lang Mack, Thursday, 13 March 2008 2:30:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy