The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Life is for living > Comments

Life is for living : Comments

By Brian Holden, published 13/3/2008

The life of Dot Butler: a woman who was instinctively aware that the time one has must to be lived to the maximum.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I somehow suspect that Dot's irrepressible bright spirit still shone through even with the onset of dementia. Thank you for sharing your story of this remarkably gutsy lady.
Posted by TammyJo, Thursday, 13 March 2008 9:49:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I always think I have the heart of a lion, but realize that I would always stand in the shadow of someone of Dot Butler's standing.

Most of us have this sense of adventure in our hearts; Dot let that adventure fly free. Well done Dot!;-a life lived to the full!
Posted by Ginx, Thursday, 13 March 2008 11:46:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Isn't it amazing the adventures possible in the days of no WPH&S and bureauracy.

What are these people called nowadays ? Cowboys & rednecks!
Posted by individual, Friday, 14 March 2008 6:22:21 AM
How wonderful that we had the opportunity to learn about this woman. If the world became aware of how wonderful and truly remarkable those who are termed "ordinary people" were, perhaps homage to the "beautiful people" and self-titled Stars would be shown up for the tawdry thing it is?

p.s. Isn't is tragic how hard Alzheimers works at trying to make a mockery of what a person once was? It is a loathsome disease.
Posted by Romany, Friday, 14 March 2008 4:23:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy