The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is Garnaut making them uncomfortable enough? > Comments

Is Garnaut making them uncomfortable enough? : Comments

By Christine Milne, published 26/2/2008

We have no time to waste. Professor Ross Garnaut has already made it clear that we need deep cuts fast.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
I bet that in another 20-40 years people will look back at this hysteria and think how dumb some smart people really are.
Posted by JamesH, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 8:40:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I bet that in another 20-40 years people will look back at this hysteria and think how dumb some smart people really are."
I never regarded Christine as a smart person....shes a pollie for a start.

"Garnaut began as a conservative economist, but it seems that he is now coming to understand the science..."
Actually I think it shows he just getting caught up in the hysteria and not understanding anything. He is obviously not looking at the "real world" data. Probably just reading abstracts from Playstation climatologists.

"...he hasn’t digested the even greater urgency provided by the latest science."
Huh? The latest science shows global temperatures are dropping. Where is the urgency?

"..450ppm triggering runaway climate change"
Huh? Again rubbish. The earth has previously been at 4000ppm CO2 and not had runaway climate change.

"As the Greens have identified for years...."
God bless those Greens...

"He will be judged, above all, on whether Australia’s emissions keep rising or whether 2008 is the year they peak and finally begin to fall."
What planet does this woman live on? Rudd will be judged mostly on how high interest rates go. He was only voted in to get rid of Workchoices. He will be voted out if he hurts the average man/woman with overzealous responses to climate change. As he should be.
Posted by alzo, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 10:05:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am a doubter. This is not a religion, not corporate grab for profits at the expense of the earth…nothing more than someone who does not accept the received wisdom as easily as some. It seems that everything that happens is a result of human activity that will cause our doom, and the Greens are the only saviors.
Tall buildings are bad, urban sprawl is bad, mining is bad, forestry is bad, cars are bad, industry is bad, farmers are bad, electricity generated by coal is bad, electricity generated by parrot killing wind farms are bad, the manufacture of silicon for photovoltaic cells is bad, people are bad, animals who aren’t in the right place are bad, ships, trains and trucks are bad, as a doubter I am bad. C’mon, give us a break! What would you have us do to fix the problem I am not sure exists?
Posted by Kiama kid, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 10:34:48 AM
Global warming theory always was a mesh mash of the well understood logarithmic absorption curves for certain gases at certain specific wavelengths with a good dose of moral crusaders and left wing politicians thrown in.

To the moralist the attack is on the alleged greed of capitalism, to the left a devise to control markets and move towards a command economy. Exaggeration and hyperbole of non problems is the tools of their trade. Well covered by the term “virtuous corruption" as described by Professor Aynsley Kellow [ABC Encounter 4 Feb].

Now society is beginning to understand the real cost to the economy of carbon tax and so- called carbon trading. A cost far too high and out of proportion to a feel good, non problem based on junk science.

Here is a move the right direction to counteract the false paradigm of global warming.

“The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change is the first major international conference to focus on issues and questions not answered by advocates of the theory of man-made global warming. Hundreds of scientists, economists, and public policy experts from around...”
[http://www.jennifermarohasy.com/blog]
Posted by anti-green, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 11:12:27 AM
'Last year there was record Arctic ice melt,'and yet 'Snow cover over North America and much of Siberia, Mongolia and China is greater than at any time since 1966.'http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/story.html?id=332289
Garnaut would be only making the totally naive uncomfortable! Give us a break from this crap.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 11:44:51 AM
I hate to bore everyone again, but unless you address the problem of the third world population explosion, as far as climate change is concerned, you are urinating into the breeze.
Posted by plerdsus, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 12:03:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy