The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sell ABC TV! > Comments

Sell ABC TV! : Comments

By Ken Lovell, published 24/1/2008

The ABC has become a pointless exercise in self-indulgence.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
Hear, hear!
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 24 January 2008 8:56:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Ken,

I hope you have not been watching the ABC since October. For me, I watch nothing else. At least ABC TV treats me like I have half a brain. The commercial channels are just complete crap! Long live the PUBLIC ABC!

Regards,

Michael
Posted by michael_in_adelaide, Thursday, 24 January 2008 9:12:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OLO is getting stale. Scraping the bottom of the barrel with this punch-drunk wannabe cultural warrior who hasn't heard the war is over.

This tabloid rehash got a right pasting when it was first published. Comments ran 25 to 1 against. http://www.roadtosurfdom.com/2007/10/25/sell-abc-tv/

C'mon OLO. Lift your game!
Posted by FrankGol, Thursday, 24 January 2008 9:27:21 AM
At least on the ABC there is occasionally something great.
Apart from the 6pm news on local NBN I seldom watch anything other than the ABC.
I prefer my brain imput to be filtered by Kerrie O'Brien, Tony Jones and Monica Attard etc., than by the financial and political disciples of Rupert, James and the other Kerrie etc. I would probably watch SBS occasionally but the ads on there now give me a touch.
Posted by Foyle, Thursday, 24 January 2008 9:27:51 AM
Nah....
Posted by alzo, Thursday, 24 January 2008 9:33:08 AM
From a self-professed Greens voter this is a bit hard to understand. Like probably most other thinking Australians, I marvel at the quality and quantity of content that the ABC produces on a fraction of the budget of the commercial stations. My biggest complaint is the amount of BBC material they use to fill out their programming, but given the generally high quality of that material, it's a fairly small complaint in the scheme of things. Were they given a decent budget, the ABC could easily become the BBC of the Southern Hemisphere (the latter receives about 10 times more funding, from a taxpayer base only 3 times greater).
Posted by wizofaus, Thursday, 24 January 2008 9:39:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy