The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Love and other acts of human kindness > Comments

Love and other acts of human kindness : Comments

By Audrey Apple, published 18/1/2008

Relationships are difficult, frustrating, fraught with temptation, blame and sometimes pain - especially when it is time to say goodbye.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
I've finally gotten around to reading Audrey's excellent piece.
Finished my read with damp eyes and a lump in the throat. A wonderful and touching piece of writing.

Then I got to the posts, amongst it all there seems to be some great dialog (Vanilla, Whitty, Yvonne) but this thread seems like totally the wrong place for this discussion. Maybe time to move it over to a new general thread.

Audrey has written a piece that we could all take some time on as we think about getting older ourselves, our partners getting older or our parents growing older. I've seen people I knew go through the pain of a partner slipping away mentally but have not had anybody close to me do so.

There is much in the article that is worthy of taking time to ponder and it seems sad to see that apparently lost in a debate over feminism.

Audrey thank you for one of the most touching pieces I've read on this site. For the others engaged in what is for the most part a constructive dialog I hope I'm not being too harsh, I've appreciated many of the points made and the responses, it just seems like the wrong place for them.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 30 January 2008 9:17:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I entirely agree. In fact, I made this point myself somewhere. Then proceeded to ignore it. Very rude of me.

Apologies Audrey.
Posted by Vanilla, Wednesday, 30 January 2008 10:11:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I saw a news item tonight on research which it is hoped will help minimise the memory loss experienced by Alzheimer's disease sufferers.

Passing small electric currents through the brain has been demonstrated to help memory. I've found one link to similar work at http://www.news-medical.net/?id=20882

The decription in the article varies from what I recall of the news article but is similar. I've not tracked it down on either the Nine or ABC news sites yet (and don't remember who carried it).

Practical help is probably years away even if this works but it is a sign of hope.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 31 January 2008 7:52:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy