The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Racism makes monkey of 'gentleman's game' > Comments

Racism makes monkey of 'gentleman's game' : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 11/1/2008

Cricket worship: over the past week or so, Aussies have learned an important lesson in Indian religion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Pericles,

You say the creationist argument is tired and confused. I’ll take that as progress. In the past, creationist detractors refused to admit that they had an argument.

Monkey fur comes in a variety of colours. If you think that saying monkey fur is mostly dark gets you around the problem, then perhaps you owe yourself a trip to the zoo to have a look at their real colours.

CJ, “This is supposed to be a joke, isn’t it?”

No, CJ, it’s not meant to be, but thanks for reading the article.

The website article doesn’t elaborate much on what a ‘Biblical worldview’ entails, but I can mention how from page 1 it speaks of how humans were created in the image of God. After that, it clarifies that all humans are descended from the original created couple and not in any way from ape-like creatures in the distant past of prehistoric Africa.

An antidote to racism would be to acknowledge our common humanity and that we are all in fact fairly closely related in time and lineage (me to you and you to me, surprisingly). Being made in the image of the creator of the universe is also a big plus for anyone’s self esteem (compared to being made in the image of something fur covered and knuckle dragging), and a greater self image would generally lead to a reduction in people needing to trade in insults.
Posted by Dan S de Merengue, Thursday, 17 January 2008 7:22:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dan: "An antidote to racism would be to acknowledge our common humanity and that we are all in fact fairly closely related..."

While I agree with this bit, Dan's mythological rationale for the fact that all humans are descended from common ancestors is reminiscent of Kipling's "Just So" stories that I read as a child.

Amusing - yes. True - no.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 18 January 2008 7:48:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy