The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The new pink vote > Comments

The new pink vote : Comments

By Rodney Croome, published 15/11/2007

2007 will be the first federal election in which Australia's gay demographic shift will have an impact.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Leigh. You claim to be sick of 'gay squealing'. Has it ever occured to you but clearly not, that the media is clogged and at saturation point with heterosexual sqealing. In comparison, the so-called 'gay squaling' is but a whisper.
Posted by Lyndon, Thursday, 15 November 2007 1:26:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh must be posing as a bigot to gain a response and cannot be for real with the comment: 'the harmlessness of religion'. More than any other human force in the world, religion is the scourge of mankind. The blood-stained history of religion makes it a curse not a blessing. Children frightened of the dark is what I regard believers in the impossible - such as deities and the afterlife. Such monumental egos they possess to imagine that if they conform to a distorted interpretation of writings by ancient, desert-dwelling people, they will go to heaven. Spare me the sight and company of such types in their nighties and continual harping.But what god do they worship who makes them want to persecute others for a sexual expression that harms no-one?
Posted by Lyndon, Thursday, 15 November 2007 1:53:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh your response to the post was apalling. as said in other comments gay people are people first and whatever their sexual preference, a distant second. despite what you may like to think, their human rights are equal to yours. i find it difficult to comprehend that in the 21st century there are still people with such views.
if the gay population is approximately 10% (as stated in one comment) they constitute a sizeable minority and perhaps politicians should be paying closer attention to their rights. they could make or break a lot of parliamentary careers.
Posted by coothdrup, Thursday, 15 November 2007 3:24:16 PM
Lyndon, while I might agree with you on many points, I have to take issue with your comment "a sexual expression that harms no-one". I suggest you have a read at
http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats04/trends2004.htm
and have a look at the incidence of sexually transmitted diseases particularly gonorrhea and syphilis, caused by "same sex" contact.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Thursday, 15 November 2007 6:08:46 PM
An interesting article. As for homosexual bleating, not a patch on the volume of religion that is pushed on society on a regular basis.

- I've never been door knocked by someone trying to get me to turn gay.
- If I happen to want to watch some telly on a sunday morning most stations are not full of programs celebrating gayness.
- My son's school does not have a gay club handing out lollies to get kids to attend so that gayness can be promoted to them.
- I'm not aware of someone who is openly gay ever being Prime Minister or Governor General.
- People don't offer me a gay time as we finish a conversation.
- I'm not aware of gays thinking that it is important for them to lobby to have other peoples sexual activities regulated.
- I don't recall any wars that have been started to promote one variety of gayness over another.

If a groups activities need legal regulation it's not the gay communities activities that need that regulation but rather those who seek to impose their own fantasies on others.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 15 November 2007 7:04:56 PM
You have obviously never been near Sydney's Gay Mardi Gras.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Thursday, 15 November 2007 7:18:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy