The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia: still the lucky country? > Comments

Australia: still the lucky country? : Comments

By Julianne Schultz, published 16/10/2007

Australians have jettisoned much of their carefree larrikinism and learnt to be fearful, seeking solace in perfectly appointed homes bursting with appliances.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
An insightful commentary on Australian political and social consciousness.

It takes a while before any populace gets up-to-speed with the manipulation techniques of their politicians and self interest groups. I have a sense that the 'free ride' for our PR savvy leaders and influential political agitators is coming to an end, for now.
Posted by James P, Tuesday, 16 October 2007 12:52:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would agree with you James, it appears that many Politicians across Australia are getting rather nervous as of late.

It appears the Premier of Queensland was the first to jump ship...

Now Howard calls an election...Good timing Johnny, not that you had any choice on the matter.

The election was called to put a stop on the progress of UPMART and their successes in Noosa.

By calling the election now, Johnny knows the FEC will rule out any chance of the plebiscites, regarding council mergers, proceeding before the election.
Posted by enslegis_procata_exhumei, Tuesday, 16 October 2007 1:15:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is not an article, but a wordy ineloquent spew. I have seen more balanced and informed writing in Mein Kampf.

Please don't post any more of this drivel.
Posted by Democritus, Tuesday, 16 October 2007 8:45:35 PM
Democritus, I didn't know this forum was just for you, my apologies.

Had I known that intelligent people stay away from your site, I would never have posted here.

Kick rocks...
Posted by enslegis_procata_exhumei, Tuesday, 16 October 2007 10:30:28 PM
I agree with Democritis.It is just self indulgent,biased rubbish.There is no intellectual rigor or unbiased analysis.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 17 October 2007 12:13:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are only 4 things that Western culture expects/demands of us.

1. Work Hard
2. Consume
3. Remain silent
4. Die

Basically, just do as you're told, don't ask questions and you will be rewarded with trinkets and a life of perpetual self-indulgence.

It's just an update of the old "bread-and-circuses" routine. We probably shouldn't expect or deserve any more than that.
Posted by rache, Wednesday, 17 October 2007 1:25:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy