The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ever tried lipreading 'Happy Feet'? > Comments

Ever tried lipreading 'Happy Feet'? : Comments

By Michael Uniacke, published 15/10/2007

Finally the government have announced an inquiry into the state of electronic media captioning for the deaf and hearing impaired.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Senator Stott Despoja is an absolute credit to Australia. A model citizen and one we can say is a caring and honest and influencial politician. A RARE BREED.

The only reason perhaps that we (forum) haven't responsed to this post is perhaps that we lack understanding of the issue.

From friends I know only the struggle for deaf people to be included. The lack of access to FM hearing Aids and the normal ones still being less that perfect.

In terms of the "whole" telecommunication debate, I don't have much time for Connon due to the SPIN and WAR she has already delivered around the problem... especially the impact of these problems in the bush.

As a multi-media author, the cost and barriers for the little and isolated people in the bush appear beyond her comprehension. It is highly sad. I personally have lost thousands over the years with all the up-dates + changes, trying to financially keep-up... waiting in anticipation for stablity + support in this area ... now affordable access all appears out of our reach.

We will miss Senator Stott Despoja, a person who has always gotten to the bottom of an issue and a person I have trusted regardless of my understanding of the complex issues she carried and the distasteful party politics. Senator Stott Despoja has done much to teach us.

I am hoping we find a middle sail in telecommunications because people with disablities have so much to gain with modern technologies (inclusiveness + employment is key) as does the people in the bush, who also need to be brought back into Australia's development loop.

Senator Stott Despoja, I will miss you - In Strength.

http://www.miacat.com
Posted by miacat, Monday, 15 October 2007 11:42:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy