The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In search of a moral compass > Comments

In search of a moral compass : Comments

By Natasha Cica, published 28/8/2007

Rudd's lurking Christian warrior persona is a very big bazooka with a potential to punch huge holes in Howard's agenda.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Oh the pain of bad grammar...I'm sure this was making some meaningful point though.

Of course, Kevin Rudds' appeal to the Christian right was diminished by revelations of his previous activities....and his willingness to lie about them...
Posted by Grey, Tuesday, 28 August 2007 9:23:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A moral compass, a moral anything from labor.

Those who support labor support corrption and peadophiles. FACT

Heiner had been appointed by Premier Wayne Goss’s predecessor, Premier Russell Cooper, in late 1989 to investigate serious allegations of the abuse of children in the state youth detention centre, including the rape of a 14-year-old Aboriginal girl by male inmates in May, 1988, during a supervised bush outing, raised by several youth workers.

Outrageously, this rape is still unresolved.

Opposition Leader Kevin Rudd was Goss’s chief of staff at the time of the Heiner Affair and shortly after took on the newly-created position of Director-General of the Cabinet Office.

According to Queensland academic Scott Prasser: “Rudd was the de facto power behind the throne. He was Wayne Goss’s closest adviser and the Premier’s Mr Fixit. He was the key man’’.

Was Kevin Rudd the shredder

Stuart Ulrich
Independent Candidate for Charlton
Fighting for the rights and saftey of the people.
Posted by tapp, Tuesday, 28 August 2007 9:43:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rubbish. If the latest Galaxy Poll is to be trusted, the strip-club incident has boosted Labor's chances to landslide proportions. The explanation for this is simple. Unlike in American politics, the Australian electorate has the decency to believe that what happens in a politician's personal life has no relevance to their ability to govern the country. Was it otherwise Howard's hypocrisy on family values would have been exposed years ago. Most of our politicians, until recently, to their credit, have refused to use sleaze as political weapon.
There are also more immediate reasons, too, as to why the strip-tease scandal didn't take.A vast majority of Aussie blokes like the idea of a PM with a bit of blood and Bundy in his veins. Women voters were impressed he came clean with his missus right away. And most Christians were impressed with his admission that it was something a married man should never have done. And we all realise he was led astray by a journalist with a bit of a reputation as a bon vivant.
Perhaps the Liberal Party will think again before it once more resorts to sleaze as a political contact. Its certainly backfired on them this time.
Posted by SANE, Tuesday, 28 August 2007 9:44:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For Stuart Ulrich.
And you're running for office, dishing out sleaze on behalf of the Liberal Party.
Independent, my foot!
In terms of personal morality, known to all political parties, even those not currently holding seats in Parliament, and presumably to most of the Press Gallery, there are equally cogent reasons why people should reject the Coalition. I won't go into them because this post wouldn't be published if I did.
Posted by SANE, Tuesday, 28 August 2007 9:54:47 AM
And for sane

Dishing out sleaze NO

Only facts. Remember the truth

In my hot little hands.

Those who support labor support peadophiles and corruption and that is fact.

Unless of course the courts are lying and the state labor governments are lying so that leaves the facts.

The truth will be told and i will tell it.

If you want potential labor peadophiles looking after, or making policy for you and your children thats ok.

If you like this sort of action i would find it no problem to send all peadophiles and corrupt MP'S to your electorate.
Also since you support this so much you can have all of australias peadopiles and sexual assaulters.

Stuart Ulrich
Independent Candidate for Charlton
Posted by tapp, Tuesday, 28 August 2007 10:17:12 AM
Apart from the vomitous fawning over "angel face" Mr Rudd, and the incredibly mashed grammar on display, the most nauseous thing about this article was the straight-forward acceptance that Kevin has to lie and be deceitful to win. What else could Ms Cica mean with her chatter about the neccessity of "getting over the first hurdle", after criticising Mr Rudd's me-tooism?

What we've got here is a transparent display of Labor-supporter thinking. Mr Rudd is saying what he has to say; what will get the voters on side...but Ms Cica knows/prays he'll do far more than he's letting on. And probably do it a lot differently as well!

Throughout the KR hysteria I've had two thoughts running side by side(bear in mind that I have often voted Labor) A) Mr Rudd is truly a Howard acolyte and in agreement with doing much the same as he, or B) He's a bald-faced liar, in the tradition of Richardson's "Whatever It Takes" (a very interesting insight into Labor, from one who surely knows). In the first case, I prefer the genuine article to the cheap import; in the second, I have no idea what the "real" plan is. My main difficulty with this latter is that every already-committed Labor voter I speak to gives me a different version of what this "hidden agenda" is! Talk about "hope" trumping "reality". No thanks.

It truly is Animal Farm, with every farmyard inhabitant "sure" they will benefit from the revolution. Meanwhile the Pigs (ie the leaders; ironic that "KR" Darling Downs is the famous Qld-based brand of pork products eh?) are learning to walk on two legs, all the better to imitate the old masters. Cheers
Posted by punter57, Tuesday, 28 August 2007 10:31:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy