The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Chilling case of accessive regulation > Comments

Chilling case of accessive regulation : Comments

By Alan Moran, published 26/6/2007

Competition policy is a ball and chain around the ankle of Australia's economic growth.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
"Unless measures like this are pursued, we will find investment deferred with serious consequences to economic growth."

Mr. Moran! What the hell is the matter with people like you? You're simply another person who continues to push the mantra of "economic growth" for all it's worth. And for what reasons?

Perhaps so that the top 3 or 4 percent of rich 'fat cats' can become even more obscenely wealthy? Fat cats who seem unable or unwilling to answer the question..... "When is enough money enough?"

Perhaps so people like yourself can laugh at the great unwashed masses as they toil at demeaning jobs which amount to nothing more than slave labor with long hours, stripped of all entitlements and on an unsustainable hourly wage?

I suggest you seek out the things in life that scare you the most and purposely put yourself in contact with them to as great a degree as possible. Maybe then, fear will prise your eyes open so that you may see a world that is slowly dying from over exploitation caused by your 'holier than God ' religion of economic growth.

Alan, your 'religion' is causing an exploding population growth along with the incredible wealth for the very top few, but be warned! People are starting to wake up to the scam. Why do you think J W Howard is on the nose? Why is doom and gloom so popular today? Why do you think society is rapidly decaying? It's all down to economic growth.

Before you write another piece like this article, I suggest you get out of your office and take a good look at how your economic growth and willing politicians are quickly destroying planet Earth. Perhaps then, you may be able to write with a semblance of reason and balance.
Posted by Aime, Tuesday, 26 June 2007 10:41:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well said Aime.

This is what I said in response to Alan Moran’s last article, which was very much on the same theme;
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=5520#71319
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 26 June 2007 11:28:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
aime, i think i have grasped the sense of your post: you're angry at something. easy to be angry, but what should be done? and why? will it work, have you got examples?

ludwig, by now you are aware that i believe orstralia's problems are more fundamental than regulatory agencies attempting to make things fall upward. step over to www.democracy1point1.blog.com for an occasional look at (my) reality. it won't do more to convince you oz is on the wrong path, but it may at least suggest why things never seem to go right in oz.

particularly regarding population growth...
Posted by DEMOS, Tuesday, 26 June 2007 4:43:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Demos, I don't think I'm angry so much as frustrated by the likes of Alan Moran pushing the barrow of continuous economic growth. These are clever people and yet they seem oblivious to the fact that economic growth cannot go on unabated forever as they seem to think.
Ahh, but what if something else was going on here? What if these 'champions of economic growth' know full well that the economy is heading for an unrecoverable fall and rather than warn all those who have blindly followed the economic rubbish sprouted by the Coalition Government and put their collective necks in a financial noose from which they can't escape, people like Alan continue to fleece the gullible public for as much as they can while the good times last?

Demos, I'm certainly not wealthy, but through forethought, I've downsized and set myself up reasonably well. It's not me I'm concerned for. It's my grown children and my little grandchildren. What will become of them when this economic madness and associated population growth has destroyed their future?
Demos, I don't know what to do about it. Neither of the two major political players are worth voting for since they both have more of an interest in "continuous economic growth" than sound sustainable development. Maybe you've got an answer to it all?
Posted by Aime, Tuesday, 26 June 2007 7:25:51 PM
actually,aime, i do. but it requires persistent effort by tens of thousands of ozzies, to accomplish a goal most can not understand. not that it's hard to understand intellectually, but not part of oz culture.

parliamentary culture, pollie rule, has been in charge of oz society since the year dot. every problem we have is 'their fault'. if we want to break through the constraints of this feudal holdover political structure, we need to move on to democracy. in a nutshell:

direct election of ministers
public conduct of public affairs
primacy of citizen initiated referendum

it would need several years to remold oz society after a majority decided to do it, and longer still to create the majority. not impossible, but clearly not a fingersnap.

i've written down some thoughts on democracy at the website in above post, stop in now and then.
Posted by DEMOS, Tuesday, 26 June 2007 8:12:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy