The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Wudapuli: the new Wall Street > Comments

Wudapuli: the new Wall Street : Comments

By Graham Ring, published 25/5/2007

Property speculators are elbowing each other out of the way in their frantic efforts to get in on the ground floor of Australia's newest boom town.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Good one Ringy.

The search for a quick fix goes to what is inherently a denial goes on of theft to all the most productive economic land never happened and thus compensation not required.

Now they want us to beg to keep the lands we were forcibly removed and impounded on.
Posted by Rainier, Sunday, 27 May 2007 1:34:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Billiant article and title! I particularly liked the reference to “Doctor Mal's Medicine Show”. There is simply no limit to the sheer cynicism of our senior political and bureaucratic 'leaders' in Can'tberra!

However whilst they 'can fool some of the people all of the time' they have been unable to fool the majority overall and this appalling bunch of silvertails are on their way out: trouble is, we are left with the frightening prospect of a return to power of the silvertails of the L-A-B-O-R Party!
Posted by Sowat, Monday, 28 May 2007 12:26:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Was this government scheme discussed with the people of Wudapuli first? If not, what would it take for the voices of the Wudapulians to be heard? I'm a complete outsider but I wish fervently that our First Australians could get a better deal. I'm writing a song about getting better health services for them, but it's a song by a whitefella for whitefellas, and I don't know what good it will do, or if I'll be thought to have crossed into territory where I shouldn't be.
Anyway, as regards housing, how can I find out what Aboriginal people in remote communities want? I mean really want, not what other people say they ought to want. I would like to back that up, in my writing, because it seems that the authentic opinion of the Indigenous people is not getting through. I could add my voice, as it were: reinforce that opinion amongst the inner city crowd I mix with.
Posted by Pidgy, Monday, 28 May 2007 4:11:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Correct assessment of the way the houses were built. I was 'on the ground' in wudapuli over the last wet season and was instructed to have local fellows dressed to help with the construction of these houses, and ready to be photographed with the Minister on a certain date...
Posted by thenry, Tuesday, 29 May 2007 9:07:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy