The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Senator Heffernan's 'Bulletin' blurt > Comments

Senator Heffernan's 'Bulletin' blurt : Comments

By Natasha Cica, published 10/5/2007

This isn't the first time Gillard's been whacked 'ad feminem' in relation to the state of her domestic interior life.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Every parliament has members capable of pointless and sophomoric Bulletin blurts. However, a bluestocking such as Julia Gillard does not need our sympathy. She is capable of joining Bill in the gutter through her own actions. It was only a few short years ago that Sophie Panopoulos was campaigning for the Liberal Party trying to win the federal seat of Indi. Her ALP opponent said that Sophie Panopoulos was unfit to represent the people of Indi because she was unmarried and childless. Who was it that that was undisturbed about those comments and even joined her sophomoric ALP colleague and helped him to campaign in his quest to win the seat of Indi for the ALP? It was none other than Julia Gillard.
Posted by Sage, Thursday, 10 May 2007 9:33:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interestingly Kerry Cue had an opinion peice in todays Herald Sun.

"Women wimp out over insults"

"THE Julia Gillard "deliberately barren" insult fiasco highlights one tragic flaw in women today - we can't take insults.

We can throw insults about. We're good at that."

and I think the best bit was

"If I had to offer advice to women, especially women in politics, on dealing with insults, I would say: "Lighten up.""

However as the first poster noted Gillard aint no shrinking violet in the insult stakes either.
Posted by JamesH, Thursday, 10 May 2007 10:04:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am a supporter of Bill Heffernan because he is not afraid to say what he thinks. Bill may not always be correct or even accurate but he is a far more honest and dependable politician than many of his well-groomed and politically correct fellow members who with a careful selection of words avoid the issues in front of them.

WE NEED LEADERS WHO ARE NOT AFRAID TO STEP ON THE EGGSHELLS.
Posted by SILLE, Thursday, 10 May 2007 10:05:19 AM
"Bill may not always be correct or even accurate..."

Mmm.
Posted by spendocrat, Thursday, 10 May 2007 10:29:59 AM
Heffernan honest?! If he was really honest he would have included Julie Bishop in his comments. She's just as childless as Gillard. At any rate, Bishop was also offended and Heffernan was cajoled into an apology by his boss - which he obviously didn't mean. And who can forgot the cowardly, dishonest attack on Justice Kirby?

Heffernan seems to spend most of time giving his opponents free kicks. Not very useful for the Coalition if you ask me.
Posted by DavidJS, Thursday, 10 May 2007 11:04:05 AM
Sille---or is that just plain silly.
Your comment about stepping on egg shells is compeletely in line with Orwell's warning about boots smashing into faces.
And once boots start smashing into faces where does it stop---and who decides which face---perhaps someone has been nursing a petty gripe towards you for however long and wants to get back at you.
I would suggest that the said hefty man (more like an adolescent goon) would be at home in the ministry of "truth".

Perhaps you should go and see the superb film The Lives of Others.
Posted by Ho Hum, Thursday, 10 May 2007 11:13:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy