The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sex, drugs and rock and roll: all humour the same part of your brain > Comments

Sex, drugs and rock and roll: all humour the same part of your brain : Comments

By John E. Carey, published 2/3/2007

Understanding what makes us tick and what makes us feel good.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Where does what we do in every day life count?

I'm not surprised to hear John Carey say:

" The same part of your brain that allows you to enjoy a painting is also the place that processes, humor, joy, sex and, believe it or not: meditation and prayer!"

Cool!

You might lead us on through this John. Explain how the temporal lobes are involved in the primary organisation of sensory inputs...

and.... how... the 'significance of events' become strongly internalised' ........ if.... every day events and the way we feel about them are taken for granted, or consealed from our gaze, subjectively?
Posted by miacat, Friday, 2 March 2007 11:43:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To say that there is a link between the way people use computer games and how they develop alzheimers is a radical theory.

There is no fundamental proof for this.

I know that there is considerable change subconsciously in the brain when we interact with so much information with computers in general. In terms of brain damage, this is a step further that many have not considered.

I have a feeling we will see more studies on this kind of thing.
Posted by saintfletcher, Saturday, 3 March 2007 4:15:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy