The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Best blog posts '06 > Comments

Best blog posts '06 : Comments

By Ken Parish and Nicholas Gruen, published 2/1/2007

How do you select the best blog posts of 2006?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Good to see this underway at last... and that I've finally made my way through the registration thingy :)

As far as bloggy goodies are concerned, I'm still a big fan of Jason Soon's piece on DC v Marvel comics:

http://catallaxyfiles.com/?p=859
Posted by skepticlawyer, Tuesday, 2 January 2007 11:51:24 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Congratulations for this initiative from Club Troppo.

The online world of publishing is going through some fascinating changes, as itself it changes the wider worlds of publishing.

In that context, and in reference to what above are described as 'blogs', this acknowledgement is worth including in the mix at this point:

It's a cheers to Troppo from a thankful reader. Gets my best blog vote by a long way: terrific posts, which are placed there not by a hurried need to get something on site, or to serve the writer's need to simply be published, but because there was genuine merit in the post. It’s that different focus of need which comes across clearly, and is appreciated there, whereas at other popular sites an urgency can be quite offputting. And there doesn’t appear that need to post with intent to outsmart. Beaut also to see Troppo’s attempts at promoting are made through creative efforts - efforts of excellence; rather than false crappy comments attempting to justify a link to “here’s my take”. Can’t say how wonderful it is also to see proper spellings of the word “the” - heartening, in the proper use of that word, too. All very simple stuff, but very welcome from a reader’s point of view. Comments arrive there not as chatroom, and not as though listening through headphones to commenters gathering on a runway before take off to some hoped-for predetermined destination. It’s not a sickly colour, and there’s not a totally useless annoying mouse pointer curler thing continually distracting from what is there. Basically, from a reader's point of view, Club Troppo is less manic; it properly understands the value of “serving the reader”, doesn’t try to outdo, is mature and good fun.

Given blogging is a diverse animal, nevertheless, I think Club Troppo sets the standard.
Posted by Forum Identity - Robert, Tuesday, 2 January 2007 1:10:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"The committee was Ken Parish, Nicholas Gruen, Helen Dale and Meika Loofs Samorzewski. Having co-operated in producing a shortlist, Ken then chose the best blogs with Nicholas acting as a sounding board."

So where is the list of 40 best blog pieces?

And which blog sites were considered and by what process?

I wonder if it was more rigorous than Nicholas Gruen's approach to the science of global warming? :-)

And I'm surprised National Forum/the Domain didn't advertise the event/process early December
Posted by Jennifer, Tuesday, 2 January 2007 2:07:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PS I've just been over to the Club Troppo site were I see Ken Parish is promising to email the entire list of 40 best blog pieces to his mates privately
Posted by Jennifer, Tuesday, 2 January 2007 2:26:16 PM
There is something funny going on with this article. It's no longer showing on the front page, and - according to the date stamp - was uploaded in 1999. What's going on?
Posted by skepticlawyer, Tuesday, 2 January 2007 3:47:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My apologies - we have had a glitch with the turnover of the new year for articles published in 2007. It should now be all sorted out.
Regards
Susan Prior - editor
Posted by SusanP, Tuesday, 2 January 2007 3:57:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy