The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australian multiculturalism must be defended openly and honestly > Comments

Australian multiculturalism must be defended openly and honestly : Comments

By Russ Grayson, published 23/10/2002

Russ Grayson argues that multiculturalrism relies on tolerance and honesty to survive

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
That article seemed rather balanced. I've just been reading some stuff on 'population' policy and on the origins of 'Multi-Culturalism'

I want to make a point about 'racism' and 'selective migration'. It is NEVER racist to make a determined decision to be selective about the nationality and religion of those we invite to join our growing community. It COULD be, but if the decision is based on reasons of political,and social cohesian, compatability, it is not racist. Racism is what the dictionary says it is. "To regard ones own race as 'superior' or anothers 'inferior'. Selective immigtation need not be based on ANY notion of superiority or inferiority. If someone tried to tell Malaysia they should accept more Chinese, they would be lynched, not because Chinese are regarded as inferior, but because the balance of population is around 48% malay to 38% Chinese, and they have had race riots in 1967. I call upon all thinking Aussies to REJECT notions of 'racism' when the subject of selective immigration is raised.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 8 January 2005 9:48:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy