The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The case for a pre-emptive strike > Comments

The case for a pre-emptive strike : Comments

By Henry Thornton, published 7/11/2006

Whether gradual and drawn out, or larger and pre-emptive, increases in interest rates will inflict real pain.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I was listening to the radio yesterday and heard that there has been a record number of mortgage sales in Sydney. Real Estate Agents were commenting that they have never experienced so many mortgage sales.

So while there are many Australians doing well, in Mr. Howard's Australia there are many people doing it tough, along with those sadly who are drought effected. Money markets are so deregulated at present, that unscrupulous money lenders are able to con any number of people.

Its been so long since we have had a Labor Federal Government; and so, it does not logically make sense to try and blame Labor in one way or another. The conditions that apply now are the result of Coalition government policies. On the radio interview a Liberal politician was interviewed; it made me wonder whether she had had a heart transplant but they forgot to replace her heart.
Posted by ant, Tuesday, 7 November 2006 7:35:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I do agree regarding interest rates that they will hurt quite a few

but i for one have something to say.

When medically discharged from the army i had a certain amount of money went to the bank and told them how much i wanted.
you know i could have bought a house for 800,000 if wanted but no.
I took my own advise buy what you can afford, just because a bank will give it to you, you have to take into account for the future.
So my place may not be the nex kirrabille(excuse spelling) but its home for the time being until we can afford something better.
What i am getting at is you dont have to buy a mansion now and lose everything when you can do it bit by bit.
Posted by tapp, Tuesday, 7 November 2006 8:21:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy