The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Facilitating the creative citizen > Comments

Facilitating the creative citizen : Comments

By John Hartley, published 23/10/2006

Uses of creativity - the citizen consumer and new media culture

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Regrettably, I also find creativity rather than tautology is an engine for development.

Regrettably, because conservatism and development are opposites, especially in places where creativity is a privilege of a few born to acquire it on a mere caste and biological basis.
Posted by MichaelK., Thursday, 26 October 2006 11:04:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The "tautology" I find evident in your post Michaelk?
In my ignorance perhaps?
A few more words, I may hopefully find explanation?

I have to yet explore all the sites in the article. My comp. is too slow to fully appreciate some of them, the idea in the said article though I think titillating enough to investigate. Isn't that what it said?
With respect I would ask you to expand your post.
fluff
Posted by fluff4, Friday, 3 November 2006 8:52:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"can educators (formal and informal) act as a force for and enabler of convergence between the hive-like creativity of the Californicators and the public service aspirations of civic community-building?"

What? Public service have aspirations of civil community building?

Did I miss something John?
Posted by Rainier, Wednesday, 8 November 2006 10:01:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amazing as this may sound to the vast majority of academics (certain of you excluded, of course), some talented individuals within the "public service" have recognised this cultural revolution (a whack to the head may have helped! How could you miss it?) and are starting to advocate for changes that will accommodate our new technological, interactive and creative reality, in particular, attempting to tap into fresh and popular avenues with which individuals already engage in an effort to involve them democratically.

This idea of “by the people” might well be as yet unrecognised by some, but most of us only need to think of Cronulla beach to see the (albeit catastrophically misguided in this instance) potential for real, (subversive) collective action that exists at the fingertips of the individual/group engaged with technology.

I agree wholeheartedly with Dr Hartley and find it a riot that Ray (and his cronies) missed that opportunity for a plug for his own medium!

Do it yourself creative industries. Music production is the same. Only the other day, I was discussing with a friend, who has been a sound engineer all his life, what his plans for employment were now that his industry is flailing under the weight of the backyard demo.

It is truly a challenge, and one that cannot be ignored (esp. when you’re 30-something+).
Posted by Epiphany, Saturday, 11 November 2006 8:41:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy