The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Uninvited and unwelcome > Comments

Uninvited and unwelcome : Comments

By Des Moore, published 16/8/2006

Rejecting the tough new immigration laws was misguided.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
PTBI
I'm sure you'd like to join me in the following -all togrether now:
Papua Merdeka ! Papua Merdeka! Papua Merdeka !

& lets not forget...

VIVA INDEPENDENT EAST TIMOR
VIVA FRETILIN
VIVA MAU-BERE PEOPLE
VIVA 28th NOVEMBER
VIVA DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF EAST TIMOR
Posted by Horus, Saturday, 19 August 2006 3:21:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@Horus:

LOL, you can rave and delude yourself you want, clown. The cold fact is West Papua is a completely integral part of Indonesia and will always be part of Indonesia forever. Meanwhile, the so-called "country" of East Timor quickly turned into a failed state after being expelled from Indonesia, and East Timor today has the uneviable distinction of being the poorest country in the world.

LONG LIVE INDONESIA! LONG LIVE THE MOTHERLAND! LONG LIVE PANCASILA!

DEATH TO SEPARATISTS AND ISLAMIC TERRORISTS!
Posted by Proud to be Indonesian, Saturday, 19 August 2006 3:34:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PTBI
"DEATH TO ... ISLAMIC TERRORISTS!"
I'll join you in this one at least.LOL
Have a nice day.
Posted by Horus, Saturday, 19 August 2006 3:54:47 PM
Hello PTBI

Long time no headbang!

I see you haven’t mellowed one iota from our ‘discussions’ some months ago.

Still shouting awfully strong statements at us poor souls on OLO.

Tell me, how’s it working for you? Have you got anyone onside yet, or are you feeling as lonely as ever on this forum??

I might remind you that we had a fair bit of agreement early on in our last ‘discussion’, but that you quickly lost me with the…well there is no other word for it…extremist expression.

Tact and respect will win you support. Polarised and hateful expression will win you dismissal.

For example, instead of writing;

“Indonesia wish no ill towards minor neighbour Australia, in fact we couldn't care less if Australia suddenly disappeared tommorrow.”

Why not just say, ‘Indonesia wishes no ill towards its neighbour Australia.’

I presume you agree with my last post? Or is it just of completely no interest to you, as it is not directly dealing with Papua or Indonesia?
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 19 August 2006 4:49:42 PM
Ludwig

Thank you for your support of view.

To build on your point

"Let’s also consider the refugees that Australia brings here through its offshore programs within our immigration quota. Onshore asylum seekers displace these people, who are even more needy or asylum"

Exactly, pandering to queue jumpers is to turn ones back and sense of fair compassion on those who wait for due process of application to be completed.

Certainly, we must give first and ALL priority to those who act with respsect for our laws and give no place nor encouragement nor comfort to those who pursue illicit means to circumvent the same laws by arriving here illegally –regardless of Marilyn Shepherd’s grandstanding pursuit of semantics.
Posted by Col Rouge, Sunday, 20 August 2006 9:48:20 AM
People who support the TNI Generals and their US corporate business partners Bechtel, Exxon, Freeport McMoran etc. often tell lies like "UN already recognised integration of West Papua into Indonesia in two UN resolution based on a completely legitimate UN-sponsored referendum".

They assume people are too stupid to read for themselves what the UN Resolutions actually said. Always happy to help, I give you the URL of a plain text copy of UN General Assembly Resolution 2504 http://fandom.net/InfoKit/Src/unga2504.html
and you should note that it does NOT say any act of self-determination took place, does NOT say either UN GA Resolution 1541 or even the terms of New York Agreement were complied with. It only says neither Indonesia nor the netherlands were objecting to what they did.

At http://fandom.net you will also find a copy of the New York Agreement and you should read what Article 18 says.

Since 1955 when the Netherlands listed West New Guinea as a colony, the United Nations has been under obligation to oversee an act of self-determination; an obligation which it has DELAYED for over forty years while Bechtel & Freeport gut the nation of its gold & copper. An obligation which Indonesia shares since it approved of UN GA Res. 1541 in Nov/1960. It is LONG overdue that we ask the UN to resume its legal obligations.
Posted by Daeron, Sunday, 20 August 2006 6:28:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy