The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Deadly double standards sow terror > Comments

Deadly double standards sow terror : Comments

By Antony Loewenstein, published 21/7/2006

Israel's response is disproportionate and counter-productive.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. All
Amen to the dangerous double standard written about by Antony Loewenstein some months ago.
May I respectfully suggest that we all exercise a little imagination.
The TV image of an Israeli tank rolling through a refugee settlement, some years back admittedly, has remained vividly with me. I ask myself, how would I feel in the Palestinians' position?
Does this mark me as anti - semitic? Probably,given the currently prevailing curious tunnel vision, though such an assumption would be false.
While not a serious student of Jewish law or the teachings of Mohammad, I can recognise Political Correctness, with all its attendant hypocrisy when I see it. Please tell me why, Antony, your voice is in such a minority in this country. It is surely PC at its most selective to remain silent in the face of Israeli treatment of the Palestinians in the occupied terrtories.
How by witholding Aid to the Palestinians the "West" hopes to ease the situation completely baffles me.
Posted by gran, Thursday, 12 October 2006 11:06:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy