The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Vulture Street story > Comments

Vulture Street story : Comments

By Graham Young, published 29/5/2006

This is a Brisbane story - a celebration for the life of Lionel Young - a story that lived and died on Vulture Street.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Nice story Graham,

Your Dad sounds like an inspiration to many, and it is so important that people in my generation get to hear these stories.

My street intersects with vulture st at East Brisbane, and i know the area as my own now after 4 years. It was a little more humble and less transient then, and your dad would have grown up with a solid local foundation, which i hope my children share the same.

Thanks Graham
Posted by Realist, Monday, 29 May 2006 10:43:45 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for sharing your story.
Posted by Kenny, Monday, 29 May 2006 1:01:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham, you chose your father well. My mother was born a few months before him, died last year, and also gave me a strong moral foundation, which has been transmitted to future generations as has your father's.

From the other end of Vulture Street, Faustino.
Posted by Faustino, Monday, 29 May 2006 1:07:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham, My Dad passed away a few years ago. After all the arrangements were made, the slide show organised and the songs chosen ( Slim Dusty “Looking Back Looking Forward”). I lay down on the floor of Mum and Dad’s home to catch a few winks before morning and thought something like: “How do you possibly do justice to your Dad – to a man’s life.”

Dads mean more to a son than words can say. You have honoured your Dad with words that express the heartfelt respect and love of the good son. Your Dad’s life is an inspiration.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted by rancitas, Monday, 29 May 2006 5:02:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham

Many thanks for your article. I have recently spent two months caring for my mother. I wish I could have written your words for my Mum and Dad. You must be very proud.

You have given me hope and some wisdom.

Cheers
Kaay
Posted by kalweb, Tuesday, 30 May 2006 1:59:32 AM
Before they all pass on,don't forget to thank all those of Lionel Young's era and beyond,whose character was forged in much harsher times,that gave us the insight and prosperity we all enjoy today.

My father died back in 1981 and my biggest regret was never to tell him how much we appreciated his discipline and sacrifice.

Words may be cheap today but to those who have done the hard yards,a thank you is priceless.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 30 May 2006 9:01:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy