The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Public interest versus political opportunism > Comments

Public interest versus political opportunism : Comments

By Andrew Bartlett, published 8/5/2006

This time next year we will all still be arguing for structural tax reform.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Hear hear. At least we have a politician clearly acknowledging the average working family is fast approaching being now the new working poor - as they are continually being hit from all sides, with no end in sight.

Let's see what confetti Cossie throws at us this week budget day - $5 extra a fortnight for our childcare (re: three child family) I think I heard last night - His generosity knows no bounds!

Not Happy Jon. Not happy.
Posted by stormont, Monday, 8 May 2006 11:19:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's not a CIS estimate of tax expenditures, but a government estimate. The government releases a Tax Expenditure Statement every year, and they also publish tax expenditure stats in the revenue section of Budget Paper 1, and often in the MYEFO documents.

You can find the latest stats here: http://www.budget.gov.au/2006-07/bp1/html/bp1_bst5-12.htm

The budget says $39b in 05/06 and $41b in 06/07. If you need help with this sort of information in the future -- feel free to contact me.

Cutting back on tax expenditures, increasing the TFT, cutting tax & simplifying the tax system. You should support 30/30. ;)
Posted by John Humphreys, Friday, 26 May 2006 6:03:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy