The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Justice DeLayed > Comments

Justice DeLayed : Comments

By Walt Brasch, published 10/1/2006

Walt Brasch argues with legal charges against politician Tom DeLay it may be time to get rid of President Bush's buddy.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
So we can expect that if (when) DeLay is found guilty in court he will be given a pardon by Bush because he really is innocent and should not have been convicted? How bizarre. Of course Bush has already declared himself innocent of breaking the law by approving spying on US citizens as anything he does as President is legal.
It looks as though there will be many members of Congress, mainly Republicans, exposed as being corrupt. Will Bush declare all of them innocent as well?
DeLay had stood down temporarily from his Leader position but has now resigned from it. So much for Bush's vote of confidence.
Posted by rossco, Tuesday, 10 January 2006 11:35:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's way past time for Bush to be impeached and his partners in crime, Cheney, Wolfowitz,Rove,Rice,Powell et al to be arraigned before the Supreme Court for their aiding and abetting the deception of the American People.
At the same time, Australian voters might review the lies and ongoing deception being purveyed to the naive, gullible Australian Public and strive for an Australian Government that does not grovel.
Posted by maracas, Tuesday, 10 January 2006 1:00:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
maracas,
Sorry if you are looking for an Australian Government that doesn't grovel, you will have to wait, at least until 2007, and perhaps then things won't change, if our current Government is allowed to keep its citizens living in fear of terrorist attacks.

Bush is a sorry excuse for a USA President, you only have to see a snipet on the nightly news to know he can't even string a sentenance together, let alone run a State or a country. Obviously the public service help him with his speeches, however if asked a question, he looks pathetic.

It seems the divide and conquer theory, and the keep them frightened theory work equally well in the USA as they do in Australia.
Posted by SHONGA, Tuesday, 10 January 2006 4:19:27 PM
Professor Walt

I have just watched "The Cutting Edge": SBS AUSTRALIA, vis a vis:

"How decisions made in Washington in the aftermath of September 11 led to a robust interrogation policy that laid the groundwork for prisoner abuse in Afghanistan, Iraq and Guanntanamo Bay".

Wow! If this documentary is true, you Americans can be compared to the cruelty of Hitler and the Japanese in the second World War. I could not believe what I heard and viewed. Robust interrogation? I saw downright cruelty - I could not believe it. The US, according to this documentary, has contravened all of the principles of the Geneva Convention.

Kay
Posted by kalweb, Tuesday, 10 January 2006 9:45:54 PM
Shonga"Sorry excuse for a President ever"You must be joking?This man is a genius,He will go down in history as the greatest Presdent the U.S. has ever had a veritable giant amoung men.His deeds will fill history books,poetry will be written in his honour.I have no doubt the Nobel peace prize will be his for the taking.His picture will adorn beside tables from Darwin to Damascus.Universities will be named in his honour.Science will name new dicovery's and new found species in his honour.(Just hang in there Shonga my feet will touch down soon)Mt Rushmore will soon be adorned with his kisser.(Thank God Im down) Yea Right!

I will never cease to be amazed,how this hillbilly got to be President.Apart from looking like a bag of sh@t tied in the middle,his whole body language smacks of being,well dumb.I take great delight in watching him being interviewed by his chosen toady's in the American Press,when I first clapped eyes on this dork,I seriously thought it was a send up.And then My God shock horror its real.Did you see the presidential debates?what a hoot.I watched him on his farm once in Texas,I dead set thought, jesus he is going to cut his own leg off with that chain saw,then I realised it was plastic just like the turkey he gave the troops in Iraq.Pickles took away the real one and gave it to Cheney for some tax cuts.

My theory is he is playing it up for the hill billy's in the red states remember the Clampetts?is that how you spell Clampett?who cares,where was I oh yea, I always knew Gomer Pyle would get to the White House one day.What scares me the most is he carry's the codes to the U.S. Nucleaaaar missiles.I expect pooty sleeps with his eyes open
Posted by PHILB, Tuesday, 10 January 2006 10:41:35 PM
PHILB

Your post cracked me up!

Bush always reminds me of one of those dumb looking dogs - I forget the name of the breed - I guess he does too!

Cheers mat
Kay
Posted by kalweb, Wednesday, 11 January 2006 6:59:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy