The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lost between war and peace, the Leb wild Westies > Comments

Lost between war and peace, the Leb wild Westies : Comments

By Joseph Wakim, published 20/12/2005

Joseph Wakim argues the more Lebanese youths are demonised, the more they are driven to the margins of Australian society.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All
One of 16 kids I am far from raceist, at times I get trouble because I try to help people who do not want help just handouts.
But while my spelling and word use is poor it is the best I can do, its no judge of IQ .
My concerns are truely held , and a great deal of Aussies from all over the world share them, raceist?rubbish!
That walk across the bridge was pure pain, my sugar problem turned my feet to heat and pain yet I finished.
Danced as Nelson Mandeala lead SA, and want one people one world ifran, can you beleave some I fear want that too? a far different world of relidgious bigotry thuo, others want a world without laws, raceism is always evil even when a minority acts raceist against the majority.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 27 December 2005 6:19:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Afraid Lebs might steal more if they are punished for stealing? I have the answer for that.

When you catch a Leb stealing, cut off one hand. If you catch him stealing again, cut off the other. If you catch him nicking something with his teeth after that, cut off his head.

Likewise, if you catch a Leb rapist, cut off his wang. If his brothers don't like it, cut theirs off, too.

If the Lebs want to fight, meet them in battle with greater numbers. If the Lebs break the gun control laws, so will the Aussies.

Listen: the land down under belongs to the Aussies, and it does not belong to anybody else. But it's a universal truth about natural law that you will lose what you do not fight to keep.
Posted by Jenab, Tuesday, 27 December 2005 9:38:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, read my posting again. I ssaid that if you apply one standard for one group and another for the rest of the population, I would argue you are being racist.
Posted by Irfan, Tuesday, 27 December 2005 11:39:27 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
keith, every Abrahamic faith teaches that despising people on the basis of matters beyond their control is lunacy. In his final sermon, the Prophet Muhammad said: "No Arab is superior over a non-Arab or vice versa, and no white man is superior over a black man or vice versa. What makes you superior over another is God-consciousness".
Posted by Irfan, Tuesday, 27 December 2005 11:42:51 AM
Ifran

“I ssaid that if you apply one standard for one group and another for the rest of the population, I would argue you are being racist.

Posted by Irfan, Tuesday, 27 December 2005 11:39:27 AM"

So does that mean muslims will stop asking for special treatment and take responsibility for their reputation themselves?

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY bout bloody time.

You have been calling us racists and brown shirts for ages. I have not seen any racism from Aussies on here, just well deserved resentment to the muslim community. I never have a problem saying I despise islam and its supporters, that’s called an opinion, a judgment etc they are privileges of a democracy.

You want equality?... "Equal rights" equals "equal responsibility"...

Or do you want more of this crap?
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17661991%5E2702,00.html

"December 26, 2005
FIREBRAND Muslim cleric Mohammad Omran has blamed the Howard Government for radicalising young Muslims, claiming that demonising Islam was driving its followers towards a terrorist mentality."

Personally the victim game makes me sick, as it does most Aussies.

I don’t think its Australian's (or our PM’s)fault muslims are "hated" world wide. I think its their own.

If you think we give a stuff you have had a hard childhood… think again, we don’t. Love to see islam have equal responsibilities at last.
Posted by meredith, Tuesday, 27 December 2005 12:08:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wakim argues the more Lebanese youths are demonised, the more they are driven to the margins of Australian society.

Irresponsible, saying to these kids, it is not your fault you are demonised, go ahead get even further out of control.

In SW Sydney there are many immigrants from all over finding employment, getting excellent education etc. Yesterday I read about a Bosnian muslim who arrived here at age 11 with no English that has just completed his HCS with a score of 98.5%. No denial of opportunity to immigrants in south western Sydney. Even those who have come from a war far more recently. I mean didn't many of us at some stage?

The particular group in south western Sydney DOES need to address it's problems and does need to take responsibility. We tried to take responsibility and had all sort of plans but were called racist for trying. So if we can't help without insult well they damn well should do it themselves.

Meanwhile we have had immigration from Lebanon for so long and always had a special relationship with that country. I believe they even called a street in Lebanon, Parramatta Road! It is sad that SOME Australians DO demonise the whole nation and anyone who even looks middle eastern.

So YES some Lebanese Australians have extreme racist views against others, YES some Anglo Australians have extreme racist views against others. The rest of us just want the filth to be cleaned up ALL round and everyone stop blaming everyone. We are probably talking about a couple of hundred people people here in a nation of 20 million.

A plea to the Lebanese muslim community in SW Sydney. Why do you need spokespeople to talk on your behalf only to say its Australia's problem?. If so then leave it to those we have elected or the police to deal with these problems. If you want some sort of cultural representation then that carries some ownership of problems within that community. If you do choose to keep a separate leadership, please get someone that does a better job. PLEASE!
Posted by Verdant, Tuesday, 27 December 2005 1:20:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy