The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The 'shock jocks' are in tune with the silent majority > Comments

The 'shock jocks' are in tune with the silent majority : Comments

By David Flint, published 15/12/2005

David Flint argues only a policy of zero tolerance by the police force and the courts will bring the gangs to reason.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. All
Not easy being and AMSADL. So despite David Flint jumping to the defence of Alan Jones (where did he say that please I missed that?) and since you did not counter his arguments you obviously agree that the leftists moonbats really do not understand the reality of the Australian public and their views. Why does Howard get voted in continually?

So if you agree the question is how to reinstate the balanced approach in some media especially the ABC which the Australian public fund and should not preach but teach.
Posted by The Big Fish, Thursday, 15 December 2005 11:32:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David Flint still can't get over the fact that his previous employer, the ABA found no endemic left wing bias in the ABC. About time you let it go and move on.
Posted by crocodile, Thursday, 15 December 2005 11:35:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We know about Prof Flint's apologia for shockjocks -- and the way he can inquire into them, have lunch with them, write them obsequious fan letters, clear them of wrong doing, etc...

Like many blindfold-version-of-history apologists, he suggests that there's no racial and religious prejudice here, really. Well not in "nice" suburbs like where he lives.....

But of course, this if nonsense for regional communities and some suburban areas where there is minimal intermingling of people of different origins, and lower levels of employment and education. And this includes individual Sydney suburbs, which have historically had their own little compartments. ("The North Shore", "S'Nives" "Westies" etc)

In this rural town, I hear racial epithets directed at "abos", "towel heads", "Lebbos" "chinks" and "Muslim rapists" on a weekly basis -- more frequently recently.

A real estate agent assures says "sea-change people" move here to escape "all the Asians and Turks". A couple this week dressed up as people of Middle East origin in Coffs Harbour to cop a tirade of abuse.

Prof Flint is as much in touch with the "silent majority" here as he is on the republic issue. Truth is more complicated than he wants to pretend, and a deal nastier.

It's particularly nastier when he praises the guy who does the dog whistling ("We can't know for sure that there are no terrorists amongst the boat people").

But then, that's not surprising: his other little mate also gave the Uriah Heep of the Media and his own "silent majority" the Clayton's Referendum on the republic.

Sure, we're all realists, and there are no racists, really...

Now if we could just get rid of all those ventriloquists that turned up so promptly in Cronulla....

In your dreams, mate! Back to lunch with the Parrot !
Posted by PeterGM, Thursday, 15 December 2005 11:44:15 AM
Apparently, the rank and file aren't in the majority in NSW, nor have they been for some time.
Posted by mjjl, Thursday, 15 December 2005 11:45:54 AM
David Flint claims that shock jocks are qualified as as "right wing". I think you will find that certain ethnic groups nearly always are identified by their ethnicity rather than their behaviour (especially when it is crook). I don't see the thugs and bullies "with brawn" that laid into innocent Australians being identified as Christian.

OLO's own shock jock, Boaz, said before the riots.
"
Ranc
it does not make me 'mad' that 'most' people don't follow Jesus, I would hazzard a guess that ALL people don't follow Him 100% of the time. But sanctification is not an overnight thing. We are continually 'being' transformed, and to the extent we respond to His still small voice in our hearts, we will be walking with Him.

I'm actually rather hopping mad right now, I sussed out the story of the Cronulla Beach attacks and 'sure enough' here is the deal.

"GET off our beach. This is our beach. We own it." Who is reported to have said this ? read on.....(please)

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,17469247-5001022,00.html
Yep... you guessed it. "Middle Eastern Males from Western Sydney"

And here is a statistic
http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/publications.nsf/0/9C0252B88F63421ECA256ECF00073CB7
<<South-west Sydney shootings: The increase in shootings was particularly evident in the Canterbury-Bankstown and Fairfield-Liverpool Statistical Subdivisions. The rise in handgun shootings in those areas was more pronounced than the increase across the remainder of the State between 1995 and 2000. Furthermore, shootings in these two subdivisions accounted for more than half (55%) of all handgun shootings which occurred across New South Wales during 2000.>

No, not ALL Muslims are like this, but the few extended families who ARE..should be STRIPPED of Australian citizenship AND DEPORTED FORTHWITH ! (As should any Asian Gangs like remnants of the Big Circle in Cabramatta)

I ask you all, if you have time, to write emails of support and encouragement to the Cronulla Life saving club at this link.

I have recommended they make a CODE which can be phoned to a network of Locals (with brawn) who will phone others, to stream down to the beach if gangs come and to DEFEND IT.

http://www.cronullasurfclub.com/main/contact.asp

BOAZ_David"
Posted by rancitas, Thursday, 15 December 2005 12:00:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rancid continues: So David_Boaz will you be asking for the Christian "vigilante thugs" who bullied innocent Australians and amonst other things, attacked the police and ambulance, to be stripped of Australian Citizenship and Deported?
David (and everyone concerned) stop the racism and bias and concentrate on arguing against radicalism, anarchy (i.e.vigilante attacks and the racist radio stations who, I think, stir up trouble for profit and notoriety), dramatic overreaction fuelled by the various racist organistaions and individuals (Do you really think that life-savers don't get abused by others, including Christians?).

I am not arguing that certain groups are not causing trouble in the western suburbs and you David Flint also need to not deny that shock jocks are a major part of this problem. These petty and miserable commentators help create the climate then complain about the storm damge.

We need to get the one-sided overt and covert racism out of the equation and deal directly with the the spread of radical, violent behaviour and those that encourage it.

Boaz read Zeyno Baran's "Fighting the War of Ideas" in the latest Foriegn Affairs. It is a bit "McCarthyist" and ethno but has some insight in relation to concentrating on countering spread of radicalism and encouraging those Islamic values that are compatiable with democracy and secularism. Vigilante carry-on is not the democracatic way and you, Boaz, (and others)need to reconsider your assistance of vigilante behaviours. (Waves)
Posted by rancitas, Thursday, 15 December 2005 12:08:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy