The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The 'shock jocks' are in tune with the silent majority > Comments

The 'shock jocks' are in tune with the silent majority : Comments

By David Flint, published 15/12/2005

David Flint argues only a policy of zero tolerance by the police force and the courts will bring the gangs to reason.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All
hellothere, technically not what you were asking for, but we do have the guy doing 4 months in jail for carrying a tree branch in public. He was in Penrith at the time (2 am) but had been in Cronulla that day.

Apparently he was "possessing an offensive implement in a public place." (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17566018-29277,00.html)

Cops must be in full swing tracking down those Glocks.
Posted by HarryC, Thursday, 22 December 2005 11:12:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Keith, You also assumed that I was talking about who established access to the services and institutions I mentioned - rather than who are the ones defending them.
Those "regarded" as left are still the ones who are trying to maintain access. To defend the rights of people to equal and fair access to services and institutuions. Re: the race thingo. Come on. a person of your intellect. The far-right set up web sites like Redwatch, Leftiewatch and all the other nonsense to attack anyone who speaks against racism.

Just read All-'s childish nonsense.
Assume makes and "ass" out of "u" and "me". (Fairplay)
Posted by rancitas, Friday, 23 December 2005 4:51:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rancitas:
You are a hard person to convince:
There is no right, only Left. (See History)
Ether Ideological and ego motive (Left) or it can only be correct assumptions, and Evolutionary doctrines. You can not control them; they are the Metaphysics and the meaning of life, not a surreal thought.

Merry Christmas. Santa Comes tomorrow night.

And on that note: My favorite Catch expression for the year is:

“It is OK to view things with an open mind, but there is not any need to have the mind so open that your brains fall out”.
Posted by All-, Friday, 23 December 2005 5:07:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz, All- & others,
Note that the 'New Left' accepts all religions. Probably the only prerequisite is that those purporting to be 'of the left', but with a specific faith also accept the right of others to worship whatever God they wish, in a non-violent manner.
For the unaware, 'Non-violence' has a far deeper & broader meaning than the conventional understanding of the term. Discrimination of all forms fall well within the category of violence.
It is part of ones journey through life to locate, understand & deal with ones own 'internal' violence. It is also ones duty to work against social violence of all forms. This is the 'ying & yang' of new leftism. The internal & external. The essential part ignored by Marx.

May everyone have a merry & peaceful Christmas...
Posted by Swilkie, Saturday, 24 December 2005 4:22:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Swilkie
I have just returned from a glorious break, now back to business.

I used some of my time to read pretty much all of Genesis. From the Flood to the end. It was without question one of the most beneficial and illuminating reads I've had in years, yet I've read it all b4, quite a number of times. This time I looked with a much more critical eye, and approached it from a Soliological, Anthropological, Historical and Political angle.

I conclude that what we have there is just the tip of the iceberg, but without it, we would not know icebergs exist so to speak.

Regarding your rather utopian and idealistic view of 'non-violence' I SERIOUSLY recommend a read of the same material. Swilks.. life and humanity boil down to this "And when Abraham and Lots flocks grew large, there was no longer room for them in the land,...their herdsmen started to quarrel" You can talk nonviolence till the cows come home, but it only works in Lygon street cafe's and Academic literature.

The rubber meets the road where people and tribes and families (all of which are EXPANDING) meet at the crossroads of survival and economic interest. Most borders in the world are either a Mountain range which stopped easy invastion, or they are conflict ridden as members of different tribes compete for space,privilege and opportunity for their succeeding generations.

Australia and the 'West' are lagely insulated from these things because we already wiped out most of the 'competing' tribes, or sufficiently subjugated them into a non threat or unified our own tribes by force, but the conflict DOES continue in every part of the globe.

Humanism is 'quaint' but ineffective and philosophically untenable for the same reasons Communism is, 'human nature' or.. biblically put "We have all sinned(and continue to do so)".

Your Utopia will only ever be realized to the extent that individual hearts are renewed in Christ. I grant you that short term assistance undertaken by "Humanistically" inspired aid groups will make a difference, but not to the root of the problem.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 29 December 2005 2:47:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy