The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Jangle bells, jangle bells, jangle all the way… > Comments

Jangle bells, jangle bells, jangle all the way… : Comments

By Colin James, published 19/12/2005

Colin James stands up for all atheists this Christmas season.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Ho Ho Ho Colin,

What a lovely piece of whimsy. And I do like a piece of whimsey , especially with brandy sauce, and lashings of fruit cake.

It’s really quite simple. Be nice, be kind, be generous. Why? It makes you happier and that’s all there is. So this Christmas time let’s give each other gifts and eat too much because it’s a laugh.

well, I have smile on my face thanks to you, but I'm sure someone else will have some thing else to say about your opinion.

If they are right, then you are right but if you're left then you're out.

May the festive season be as bright for you as the Soltice sun.
Posted by Coyote, Monday, 19 December 2005 12:08:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The man who gives a world to anyone is a person's father. Without fathers there is no world for anyone except one person in recorded history.
The Virgin Mary gave birth to Jesus.
Everyone else must gives thanks to their own father and mother.
Posted by GlenWriter, Monday, 19 December 2005 12:19:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good fun article!

There is one positive in non-atheists getting all-thingy about putting JC back into Xmas; it does provide a little relief from their bashing gays, family planners and non-believers.
Posted by jimoctec, Monday, 19 December 2005 12:23:19 PM
You Beauty,

It is good to see a former religious tradition adopted and tailored to individual cultures.

The key is what it does for people, not what it is about. Xmas (i will go to hell for that!) is a tradition that keeps families together, it allows us to give to others and recieve, it assists with revenue for businesses, and it gives children the chance to dream.

The fundamentals are important even to me, a non practicing non believer in organised religion. We are lucky that we have such a tradition, and it should not be looked apon as a religious time in Australia, therefore non christians should embrace this important part in the fabric of Aussie culture.

Get Drunk, laugh, spend up, get fat and enjoy yourself, its the end of the year you deserve it.

Merry Christmas All, keep the hangover going till after new year.
Posted by Realist, Monday, 19 December 2005 1:44:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nice one Colin James, although to be fair not all non-atheists try and foist their beliefs onto others. Those that do though, they make me sick.
Posted by hellothere, Monday, 19 December 2005 5:56:48 PM
Well Colin
you cast I'm biting. Take a course in quantum physics or philosophy or anything more advanced than Harry Potter and get to know that the universe is a big weird place more complex than the biologist have yet to grasp. You might find reality has more of faith and less of so called fact.
Paul
Posted by Saul, Monday, 19 December 2005 8:28:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy