The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time to invest in education, AIDS prevention and youth > Comments

Time to invest in education, AIDS prevention and youth : Comments

By Andrew Hewett, published 1/9/2005

Andrew Hewett argues Australia needs to make good on its commitment to youth and the Millennium Goals.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Will the September 2005 talkfest be more than just yet another feel-good gathering? Will commitments they make be implemented to a greater extent than the minimal efforts resulting from the excellent commitments made by all at the 1994 conference in Cairo?
Posted by colinsett, Thursday, 1 September 2005 10:44:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Andrew, it is becoming increasing difficult to tell where Australia stands as a Nation on the Millenium Goals.

I am participating over the next few weeks in the World Summit DPI-NGO United Nations Discussion forum; http://www.ngodpiexecom.org/conference05/map/07webdisc/index.php

There is also a discussion eforum still open in Brisbane after the UN-Brisbane August Engaging Communities Conference; http://www.getinvolved.qld.gov.au/eforum/index.cfm?go=foForums.listThreads&forumId=1

While I was web sweeping for instance, I couldn't find anything about the Brisbane Conference on the ACT - National Federal United Nations website.

My point is that "party politics" in Australia is spoiling the spread of affirmative innovative action through awareness, for many who need it, and could contribute, inside this country, and it seems Australia is politically divided on these fundemental core issues, between its own States and in the International Stage.

Somehow I would truly like to affront all political parties on this point, as the practice of party politics over such issues undermines our national intellengence, as the basis or motive for pro-action, through decision-making, with a conviction to up hold the United Nations efforts to focus us all on the Sustainable Develop progressive work, whereby a) we understand the complexity of these issues and b) feel clear as citizens about why our Nation needs to promote an accessible view, in the push for these Millennium Goals, at local, regional and international levels.

Maria Altmann
http://www.miacat.com - Linking you to the World Summit
Posted by miacat, Sunday, 4 September 2005 3:15:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lets have another "End Poverty Now" day, shall we? Stomping up and down on one spot will surely do some good.
Posted by mykah, Tuesday, 6 September 2005 12:05:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy