The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The hanging of Ray Williams - Part 2 > Comments

The hanging of Ray Williams - Part 2 : Comments

By Dave Smith, published 10/8/2005

Dave Smith tells the story of the legal case against Ray Williams of HIH Insurance.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
By the evidence presented the man is dishonest, the man is a crook no matter how much of other peoples money he gave to charity this man appears to be totally arrogant and corrupt. Look at those suffering because of his apparent greed and corruption. numbat
Posted by numbat, Wednesday, 10 August 2005 4:09:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In what way was Ray dishonest? In the summation given by the judge, he said directly that Mr Williams had not done anything deliberately deceitful.

And exactly how much suffering has he caused? There is no doubt that many of us suffered some degree of financial hardship through the collapse of HIH (myself included) but surely no one has suffered more than Ray himself?

We need facts Mr Numbat, not more emotional accusations.
Posted by Father Dave, Tuesday, 8 November 2005 2:46:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dave: One of your church maybe? gave hefty donations did he - using other people money?
No dis-respect meant in omitting your title it's just the Bible tells me I have only one Father. numbat
Posted by numbat, Tuesday, 8 November 2005 3:53:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy