The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Chen Yonglin: Wrong country, wrong century > Comments

Chen Yonglin: Wrong country, wrong century : Comments

By Geremie Barme, published 14/6/2005

Geremie Barme argues Chen Yonglin has chosen an inopportune time to attempt to defect to Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Wasn't Chen's allegation of Chinese spy kidnapping a Victoria man proven false?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200507/s1422324.htm

"An Australian Federal Police (AFP) officer has told a Senate hearing that no evidence was found to support claims by Chinese defector Chen Yonglin about an abduction of a Chinese man."

Based on Chen's claim in support of his political asylum bid, AU gvt did the right thing to reject his application.

It is also understandable why Chen received a humanitarian protction visa. If not this face saving measure, AU gvt would have to send Checn back to China, to face security charges (something our own government workers would face under the same circumstances.)

But of course, when it comes to China, it's persecution.

Come on.
Posted by bobby fletcher, Tuesday, 16 August 2005 7:25:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It should be noted Mr. Fletcher (not his real name) is a prolific commenter on behalf of the Chinese government in forums and blogs all over the internet. He claims that there is complete freedom of religion in China, that the Tiananment Square massacre was not a massacre, and that the United States governments is as guilty of as more murders and wrongful deaths in the admittedly reprehensible Indian genocide and at other times than the seventy-seven million people murderd by the government of Communist China- in fact, the most murderous regime in all of human history.

The task of judging Mr. Fletcher's credibility would be assisted by doing a Google search on his name and reading his writings elsewhere.
Posted by Bob Waters, Saturday, 7 October 2006 5:59:10 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Credibility of the abc.com.au report stand on it's own.

Bob Waters, what ever happened to thou shall not bear false witness? You'll have to answer you maker. I'm neither virtually full-time, nor am I defending the Chinese government. My commentary on Passive Journalism in no way said TAM wasn't a massacre.

No where have I ever said there's complete religious freedom in China. Feel free to ignore my challange again, if you are unable to afford me the clarity.

Bob, when you worship at the alter of Falun Gong politics, who's really sitting in your throwne? The fact is simple, you can't serve two masters.
Posted by bobby fletcher, Monday, 23 October 2006 2:25:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey, Charlie Liu ("Bobby Fletcher's" real name: sorry, but you're still busted!

You have memorized evangelical catch phrases well- in fact, you've used the "throne" one to be before- but you deceive when you that you habitually imply-falsely- that you are a Christian. You even have written extensively on the marvelous freedom of religion in China which you yourself have experienced. And I greatly fear, my friend, that the Google search I once again recommend will disclose this to any who care to inquire.

False witness, by definition, has to be false.

Whether you're a volunteer full-time apologist for Chinese crimes or an officer in the PLA, I do not know. I do know that your presence all over the Internet, defending literally any crime the most murderous regime in history might care to commit, cannot be managed in much less than full-time.

Stop pretending, Charlie. Whether or not you are formally an agent of the Chinese state, you are an unbelievably prolific apologist for its every crime.

The issue isn't my imaginary allegience to the Falun Gong. It's your very real allegience to the regime in Bejing, for which you are, to say the least, a very dedicated and unselective apologist.
Posted by Bob Waters, Friday, 30 November 2007 10:01:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy