The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Laura Bush: desperate housewife, dutiful wife > Comments

Laura Bush: desperate housewife, dutiful wife : Comments

By Walt Brasch, published 12/5/2005

Walter Brasch takes a wry look at what Laura Bush didn't say.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Walter's wry look at Laura's comedy routine,left me dissapointed, as I was expecting a reply worth reading. His wasted effort indicated that he is anti Bush anti republican anti anything to do with the President and his wife. What a pathetic spray, just like any labor hack we see in the papers daily, being anti budget or anti Howard.Rommel
Posted by rommel, Thursday, 12 May 2005 11:10:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rommel, I think you would be disappointed in any article by any person about any aspect of George Bush, that is at all critical.

Clearly Walt Brasch is a fool. This we know because he doesn't seem to adore George Bush - and there's no better proof than that.

All politically savvy, wordly people around the globe consider George Bush to be:

* an intellectual
* a global warrior of only the purest intentions
* and all round really great guy.

Phew! Glad I got that sorted.
Posted by Fiona, Thursday, 12 May 2005 11:26:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rotten job, first lady. If you speak out, like Hilary, half the populace hate you. If you don't, like Laura, the other half hate you.
Someone once said behind every successful man there is a surprised woman. Perhaps that's what Laura's speech was really all about.
Posted by enaj, Thursday, 12 May 2005 1:47:24 PM
2 great posts Fiona & enaj. I guess that Hilary was the exception that proves the rule. A shame, I enjoyed the strength that Hilary projected. As for Laura, well, she married him, good little christian wifey.
Posted by Ringtail, Thursday, 12 May 2005 5:10:27 PM
"“‘George, if you really want to end tyranny in the world, you’re going to have to stay up later’. … Here’s our typical evening. Nine o’clock: Mr Excitement here is sound asleep and I’m watching Desperate Housewives. Ladies and gentlemen, I am a desperate housewife.”

At this level of power and control that effects resound through out the world and Laura sitting just behind the public curtain with a close eye on George is expecting us to believe she has resisted the great temptation of alluring with power and is 'just a housewife' and is not part of the power holders network who run the real show...

Emmm... ok I feel quite stupid tonight.

Sam

Ps~ I truly would not be surprised if laura was part of the major deciders on launching the attack on Iraq possibly for the oil (as usual this would be in a form of a sensational documentary about 30 years time when all these people are long gone and dont have to be accountable for their act)
Posted by Sam said, Thursday, 12 May 2005 7:03:46 PM
Let's face it. Laura ain't no Hilary. But if i was married to George Dubya, I'd be desperately funny and stay up alnight to watch George not get my jokes. Or perhaps go to bed sans George. She thinks she's contributed. And compared to her husband, she probably has. On that premise, let's give her a cigar!
Posted by Di, Thursday, 12 May 2005 9:20:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy